• Thread starter HitmanKillsYou
  • Start date
  • Views 27,753
HitmanKillsYou

HitmanKillsYou

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So since they added the ability to manage your vault from your Destiny app, who else here is going to try to exploit that and duplicate items? Post here if youve tried or if youve actually succeeded and tell us how if you have

B

Br0adbandTerr0r

Reaction score
Sin$
I think all of the items have unique hashes since when I tried to change the amount/item, it said it could not be found...

Edit: Each item has a hash value. Ex. weapon parts == 1898539128

Last edited:
W

Wonder Boys

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Reaction score
Sin$
I would think/hope that Bungie have made sure it can be exploited (time will tell) but if duping etc does become widespread I will hang up my Vex and go play another game.
One of the things I love about this game is you know everyone is legit.

HitmanKillsYou

HitmanKillsYou

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I would think/hope that Bungie have made sure it can be exploited (time will tell) but if duping etc does become widespread I will hang up my Vex and go play another game.
Not true. I mean when it comes to weapons and armor, yes. But some people i know have thousands and thousands of strange coins from the original duping method. 
I think all of the items have unique hashes since when I tried to change the amount/item, it said it could not be found...

Edit: Each item has a hash value. Ex. weapon parts == 1898539128
Well this still doesnt mean you cant dupe strange coins or resources again. I can see the possibility, but im honestly hoping they made it as foolproof as possible. Thought im doubting it

W

Wonder Boys

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Reaction score
Sin$
Not true. I mean when it comes to weapons and armor, yes. But some people i know have thousands and thousands of strange coins from the original duping method.

Strange coins won't break the game....
Unlimited heavy ammo, any weapon you want etc will break it for me. IMO.

HitmanKillsYou

HitmanKillsYou

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
......thats what unlimited strange coins can do..... You can buy hundred upon hundreds of heavy ammo and buy any gun he sells ever, without ever having to work at Destiny again

NUNsLAUGHTER

NUNsLAUGHTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What was the original method? I didn't have destiny when it came out and never heard any friends talk about that either.

HitmanKillsYou

HitmanKillsYou

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What was the original method? I didn't have destiny when it came out and never heard any friends talk about that either.
It was something along the lines of going to orbit the minute you deposited/withdrew your strange coins and itd duplicate them

II{-_-}II

II{-_-}II

esoteric
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Sounds like he just means duplicating your own guns? I don't think people having 3 of one gun or just one would matter much. Everyone I know who has 1 ghorn just switches it between characters. It would save some time, but not make your guy better. If you were able to dupe new materials on the next DLC that would be a huge advantage though.

HitmanKillsYou

HitmanKillsYou

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sounds like he just means duplicating your own guns? I don't think people having 3 of one gun or just one would matter much. Everyone I know who has 1 ghorn just switches it between characters. It would save some time, but not make your guy better. If you were able to dupe new materials on the next DLC that would be a huge advantage though.
Guns, armor, ammo, resources, anything that shows up in your vault, essentially.

drimtimlaundry

drimtimlaundry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
im hoping something comes of this so i might be able to get the damn crux, last part i need to be done with this damn game until house of wolves.

GARY58

GARY58

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Tried yesterday, didn't got it to work. If you do it in-game faster, site will say "Item not found", if you do it faster on site, it's disappear in-game. Maybe lag-switch can help somehow? I dunno...
If you can get it to work, you can get Ghorn by duplicating legendary engram and trying to decode it over and over again. Just an example...

HerpOG

HerpOG

Enthusiast
Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Tried yesterday, didn't got it to work. If you do it in-game faster, site will say "Item not found", if you do it faster on site, it's disappear in-game. Maybe lag-switch can help somehow? I dunno...
If you can get it to work, you can get Ghorn by duplicating legendary engram and trying to decode it over and over again. Just an example...

I tried lag switch yesterday I had no luck :frown:

PacoThePro

PacoThePro

I love tbagging people
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah same here. If a duping glitch would come out this game would be dead. Infinite radiant materials, coins,engrams.

HitmanKillsYou

HitmanKillsYou

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm sure someone could find a way to hack the app to add hashes into your vault. Meaning you get a crux, or gjally which i need lol.
Im pretty sure the app reads hashes that are in your vault and wouldnt have the ability to give you a weapon you dont have.

stringking

stringking

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
A guy on bungie.net is positive he duplicated his Glowhoo but doesn't know how

Kard

Kard

Kaley Cuoco <3
Reaction score
Sin$
A duplication glitch would destroy this game, lets hope no one figures out a way!

PhDnMeRKn

PhDnMeRKn

Under Krafty's Bed
Reaction score
Sin$
I've had two friends duplicate items but haven't been able to replicate it. We've been on this all day. When they did it they got errors of some sort but got two of the same item.

Top Bottom
Login
Register