• Thread starter Sh0w3n
  • Start date
  • Views 356
S

Sh0w3n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well guys I need your help because I have no clue what else I could try to fix my problems.

Last thursday I went on a business trip and came back on saturday. I felt like playing a couple matches so I turned on my xbox, downloaded the new update for fifa and started a match. The game froze every 5 seconds or so for about 1 second, just as if one of us had lags. At some point in the match the game froze completely and the circle appeared - and yep, as you might expect: I lost the connection to the EA servers. (Not to Xbox live though)

I tried it 3 or 4 times and it happened again and again. Then I tried it in other modes such as Head-to-Head or Team play and still the same problem.

Then I tried to play a match offline - no problems, so I guess it can't be the game/xbox (?).

So I decided to delete all my files related to fifa and download everything again -> Didn't help
- Updated everything on my laptop -> Didn't help
- Checked the Router if anything has been changed -> Nope

I literally did everything I could think of but nothing helped. I didn't get a reply on the EA forums (well, I was dumb for expecting that...) and I doubt the technical support will be able to help me since they will just blame it on Microsoft or my Internet provider and they, of course, will blame it on EA.

Since thursday I haven't changed ANYTHING. Not on my laptop, not on my router or xbox. I am currently using my laptop as a network bridge to connect my xbox to the internet. (router -(wifi)-> laptop -(lan)-> xbox) Never had ANY problems with it at all.

Hopefully someone had similar problems and found a solution.

Thanks. :smile:

S

Sh0w3n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Deleted everything and redownloaded it, still no change.

S

Sh0w3n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What did you do?

Well apparently something happened to the Lan slot of my laptop when I used it around -15 degrees. i didnt have any problems using the internet and downloading stuff but once i hooked my xbox up to my laptop something went wrong. Tbh now I don't really bother finding the problem since I just sent in my old one today and will pick up a new one tomorrow. :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register