What's new

Unsolved New cpu cooler

64G

Meerkat
Reaction score
So I’m looking for a new cpu cooler to use with my AMD-FX3450. My mobo is a MSI 970A SLi. Not looking to spend too much just provide more airflow throughout my case with fans and a relitavly quiet cpu cooler. Can replace some old fans too with colored. Just looking to upgrade cooling a bit

H

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
Any coolers that would be upgrade-worthy would be worth more than your cpu. At that point why not upgrade it and get a great stock cooler? Like the one that comes with the r5 1600?

64G

Meerkat
Reaction score
Any coolers that would be upgrade-worthy would be worth more than your cpu. At that point why not upgrade it and get a great stock cooler? Like the one that comes with the r5 1600?
Well if I'd do that then I'd need a new Mobo too then as my socket is only AM3+, right? What about a different route for a new mobo and CPU?

H

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
Well if I'd do that then I'd need a new Mobo too then as my socket is only AM3+, right? What about a different route for a new mobo and CPU?
If you don't want to upgrade your motherboard and RAM, then I'd get the FX 8350. A still pretty okay CPU and it can be had for around 100$ on ebay.

I'd also get something like this 240mm watercooler unit from CoolerMaster

64G

Meerkat
Reaction score
If you don't want to upgrade your motherboard and RAM, then I'd get the FX 8350. A still pretty okay CPU and it can be had for around 100$ on ebay.

I'd also get something like this 240mm watercooler unit from CoolerMaster
Alright, I'll look into upgrading to that. For watercooling it already comes with the liquid right? I most likely would get that upgrade. Would I need to look into upgrading my PSU, It's a 500W and ATM i've got 2 HDD's and an SSD along with my GTX 960

H

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
Alright, I'll look into upgrading to that. For watercooling it already comes with the liquid right? I most likely would get that upgrade. Would I need to look into upgrading my PSU, It's a 500W and ATM i've got 2 HDD's and an SSD along with my GTX 960
500w would be okay as long as you dont OC it.

Yes, it comes with the liquid

M

Musical

Buying quality turtles!
Reaction score
Personally with my FX-6300 overclocked to 4.7GHz I use a Hyper 212 EVO and still get VERY low temps under max loads for extended periods of gaming or anything else I really do that would heat up my cpu more than normal only running it at 50-65% and its very quiet for the most part and holds its own. That being said I did add a second fan to it to help blow out the hot air and keep it cooled. Or you could go with just about any corsair closed loop cooling system and get great temps aswell. As for price your best bet would go for a great air cooler like the 212 evo which is cheap and one of the best air coolers ive used switching from my old water cooling to the evo and havent had any issues so far after 3 years.

Top Bottom