New Con File Program Undermaking!!!!

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Modding' started by pivotclips13, Nov 16, 2008 with 17 replies and 741 views.

1. pivotclips13

pivotclips13 Banned

Ratings:
    I and some friends are trying to make a program so you can get your saved halo 3 film clips or films con file onto a con edits to make them a windows or mac format! Please help, we need help! Oh and there is con edits v2 wich allows you to make screenshots into JPEG images so where making Con Edits V3! HELP!:cursing::cool:

2. bob657

bob657 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Halo 3 film clips cant be converted into normal video formats because they are not actually any sort of film. Halo 3 film clips are actually more like a list coordinates, these coordinates are read by the halo engine and the appropriate models are placed at the coordinates. If that's not enough info I am sure someone else will go into more detail about how it works.

3. Holy Ownage

Holy Ownage Getting There

Ratings:
    He is saying that it does not store the actual film.
    Instead it recreates the game.

Its called rendering. So sorry, but it isn't possible.

4. Eazy B

Eazy B Getting There

Ratings:
    Hate to shoot you down but I dont think this is possible. The game saves screenshots in JPEG format already, all Container edits does is remove it from the container. Unless you can find a way to get the engine running to replay the footage from the files i dont think it's going to happen anytime soon.

5. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    To add on, only Bungie can do that because they made their film format and they understand how it works. Unless Bungie releases their way of doing it (which I'm sure is never going to happen), you won't be converting any films.

6. dschu012

dschu012 Member

Ratings:
  7. Holy Ownage

Ratings:
    Ofcourse, but they are rendering them using the engine they scripted to only work under specific conditions that they set.

8. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    I dont think he's saying "if bungie's doing it, we can," I think he meant we dont have to since Bungie is lawl :tongue:

9. ddxcb

ddxcb Contributor

Ratings:
    Here is an idea "Get A Capture Card" Done :tongue:

10. GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3 Retired Retired

Ratings:
    actually container edits is my programs name, you cant use it unless its approved from me or I make it my self. You CANNOT make an apps newer version if im the creator of the first 2

11. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Actually he can call the app whatever he wants to, including Container Edits. You can't do anything to stop him, but it would be an ******* thing to do and unoriginal.

12. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    he would also lose the support of everyone here for doing so...

13. walapu

walapu Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If you could make a Halo 3 Emulator for windows to play films I will pay you a billion dollars

14. Holy Ownage

Ratings:
    You would have to have the exact same setup in your PC as a 360, to do so.
    So its the same as having an exploitable console.

15. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    no you even know what an emulator is? it just runs the game, what he'd have to do is build the halo 3 xex for windows and thats not going to happen

16. omglolbbq3

omglolbbq3 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Impossible.
    A halo 3 film is not a format. Bungie places objects from the saved file (aka the theater file after you play a game) It records the x and y s of all the objects. And places them.
    So therefore you wont be able to do it.

screenshot's maybe possible, Because bungie does it.

Well good luck with your some-what impossible project.

17. bob657

bob657 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    please read the 2nd post before re-posting a summary of what i posted.

18. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    uh... screenshots are jpgs so all you do is extract it and thats that, just to add to your shpeal