New Computer Setup.. Opinions?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware & Builds' started by BL4CKXHAWK, Nov 28, 2008 with 12 replies and 208 views.

1. BL4CKXHAWK

BL4CKXHAWK Enthusiast

Ratings:
    [Click here to view the link]

This is the barebones kit that my dad and i are discussing getting me for a Christmas gift. Would you all think that this setup would be sufficient for playing games such as Crysis and CoD 4. Also i like to record video from my Xbox 360 using VirtualDub. Would it work for that as well? I know a lot about computers and building them, i just want your alls opinion. :biggrin:

2. F4T4LFL4W

F4T4LFL4W Newbie

Ratings:
    lol, no. Everything is fine except for your graphics card. I would get the HIS 4670. Thats what I use in one of my rigs and it freaking rocks! Also, if you think you are going to upgrade the parts, dont skimp. I wasted so much money by skimping. So in conclusion, get the HIS 4670 or at least a 8800. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    BL4CKXHAWK

BL4CKXHAWK Enthusiast

Ratings:
    cool thanks for the help. im not sure if i can get that card though b/c it has to come with the kit so idk. i may just have to stick with the one it comes with but i'll look into it. thanks. :thumbup:

4. itzmeluigi

itzmeluigi Premium Premium

Ratings:
    well if you upgrade your graphics card your going to need a better power supply, you could use the 450 watts but that would be just cutting it and could lead to system instability. If you go with this card you should be able to play crysis on high settings but not very high and you wont need to up your power supply.
    [Click here to view the link] other then that you should be all set.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    BL4CKXHAWK

BL4CKXHAWK Enthusiast

Ratings:
    cool thanks for the suggestion. i hope that maybe in the future i can buy that one but for right now i may just have to stick with the one the whole pachage comes with. thanks for the advice guys.

6. superaison

superaison Banned

Ratings:
    that computer sucks, get at LEAST a 8800 GT or 9800 GT, at LEAST, just get a GTX 260....

7. waffle11

waffle11 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I agree with this statement, however the processor as well is really not that great. As it is that CPU is barely meeting the reccomended requirements for both games you listed. Meaning it will support them but not that well. The GFX card you have in that thing should be upgraded (which also might force you into getting a new PSU).

8. JaxJags

JaxJags Contributor

Ratings:
    If you go through with getting this, you need to get a heat sink for the CPU.

9. OP
    BL4CKXHAWK

BL4CKXHAWK Enthusiast

Ratings:
  10. itzmeluigi

Ratings:
    yea that barebone kit is alot better and that power supply should do you quite well. i still wouldn't go with that graphics card 10 more bux and u can get this

[Click here to view the link] the performance will be quite better to. If you don't like ordering from newegg u can get the same thing from tiger for 20 bux more.

[Click here to view the link]

the only thing the evga card u listed has over the 9600 gso is that it has 1gb instead of 768mb which is more usefull if you game at high resolutions. If you game beyond 1600 x 1200 you will want a card with atleast 1gb. but if not go with the 9600 gso

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sharp Focus

Sharp Focus Getting There

Ratings:
    I'm sorry, I might sound dumb, but what is a Barebone Kit? Do you build it?

12. itzmeluigi

Ratings:
    a barebone kit is just a little set of parts that come bundled (main components) together, ya you still have to build it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    BL4CKXHAWK

BL4CKXHAWK Enthusiast

Ratings:
    hmm thanks for the advice DarkxFaded. I appreciate all of y'alls support. i may take you up on that offer. thanks again.