• Thread starter TheVicious85
  • Start date
  • Views 49,120
TheVicious85

TheVicious85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET THIS TO WORK WITH ALL THE UPDATES(JULY 2019)

This info is for people that already know how to mod. If you don't understand how to do this then you need to do some research and not ask 20mil questions on this thread.

Gearbox Support put out this:
  • Modified profile behavior to better protect Badass Rank and related data.
Basically what that means is that to address the issue where people's BAR were getting lost because of Profile corruption, Gearbox came up with this fix to read you character saves info and adjust your BAR to where it was roughly. So, that got me thinking what if I increased the number of challenge prestiges. And what do you know, my BAR increased a lot. Of course that was after I deleted my Profile save and started Borderlands up which created a new Profile for me.

Note: The character save I used had the following
  • UVHM 100% Complete
  • All Challenges 100% Complete
  • NumChallengePrestiges number being 1-9999
I tried with a fresh Lv 1 Character and had no luck with BAR increase. If you don't want to mod your character or don't know how to auto complete everything using a combination of Python and JSON then I would just download one of DOMIN8's UVHM 100% Complete Saves and copy it over your save. You would first decrypt your save using Bruteforce, open your save with Gibbed, take note of your characters save slot, then open DOMIN8's save with Gibbed and change the save slot to match your character save slot, and finally save over your save, go into Bruteforce and Update All and Encrypt.

How To Do It: (See blakwidowstangs Tutorial for Gibbed's Save Editor)
  • Either Backup Original Profile Save to your USB or just DELETE it off you PS3
  • Copy one of your Character Saves onto your USB
  • Note: If you Downloaded one of DOMIN8's Saves you will have to decrypt your save, open DOMIN8's Save in Gibbed, and save over your Character Save making sure to change the Save Slot to your Original Character Save Slot
  • Note: Make sure to have the appropriate folders on your USB so your PS3 can read it... PS3>SAVEDATA>BLUS30982-SAVE-SAVE???? where ?'s = the save number
  • Go into the Gibbed RAW Tab of your Character save or DOMIN8's
  • Change the NumChallengePrestiges (See Spoiler for Stats)
  • NumChallengePrestiges: 1 = 42,985 BAR & 375 Tokens = 11-12% Stats
    NumChallengePrestiges: 10 = 208,785 BAR & 902 Tokens = 22-23% Stats
    NumChallengePrestiges: 20 = 393,008 BAR & 1,282 Tokens = 29-30% Stats
    NumChallengePrestiges: 30 = 577,230 BAR & 1,587 Tokens = ??-??% Stats
    NumChallengePrestiges: 40 = 761,453 BAR & 1,851 Tokens = ??-??% Stats
    NumChallengePrestiges: 50 = 945,675 BAR & 2,088 Tokens = ??-??% Stats
    NumChallengePrestiges: 9999 = 183mil BAR & 39k Tokens = ??-??% Stats
    NumChallengePrestiges: 50000 = 277mil BAR & 49k Tokens = ??-??% Stats
    NumChallengePrestiges: 51000 = 295mil BAR & 51k Tokens = ??-??% Stats
    NumChallengePrestiges: 99999 = -90504141 BAR & 0 Tokens

FT73eDH.jpg

• Save & Close out of Gibbed
  • Update & Encrypt your save in Bruteforce
  • Close Bruteforce
  • Remove your USB from computer
  • Insert USB into your PS3
  • Copy over your newly modded Character Save Overriding your Old save
  • Start up Borderlands 2
  • Press Triangle to Load your character that you changed the NumChallengePrestiges on
  • Enjoy :smile:
To anyone that wants to help out please leave comments on your findings to help better inform everyone of this newly found awesomeness :smile:

Last edited:
DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I think this is what may have happened to me here: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/1million-ba-rank-on-new-profile.946993/

This is great news for PS3 users though! Not quite as nice as being able to directly edit your stats but, it's better than nothing. If you don't have to delete your Profile that would be nice since that would also erase your Golden Keys and Customizations. Although, Golden Keys are pretty much useless and you can easily unlock all the Customizations again.

TheVicious85

TheVicious85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think this is what may have happened to me here: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/1million-ba-rank-on-new-profile.946993/

This is great news for PS3 users though! Not quite as nice as being able to directly edit your stats but, it's better than nothing. If you don't have to delete your Profile that would be nice since that would also erase your Golden Keys and Customizations. Although, Golden Keys are pretty much useless and you can easily unlock all the Customizations again.
Yeah that's kinda the down fall but it beats DELETING ALL YOUR Additional Content and having to re-install it to use that other game save that slowly builds badass rank or having a Profile save that says Modded by GameGenie lol... Golden Keys are over rated (Gearbox gives free codes for Golden Keys anyways) and Customizations are far to easy to get :smile:

Last edited:
JayHull

JayHull

Another Piece Of The Puzzle...The Final Piece
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you using Horizon and Gibbed?
DOMIN8 DOMIN8 might need your help if this is a PS3 user, haha.

toxicblade23

toxicblade23

Reaction score
Sin$
well i all i did was adding the 9999 and did everything else normal but i don't see the badass tokens

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
i thought u didnt have to because thevicous85 said u dont
I personally haven't tried because I don't like my BA Rank modded all that much. I've given people saves with the required changes and they haven't reported any changes to their BA Rank.

Top Bottom
Login
Register