Discussion New 360 Dashboard Has New Console Banning Tool

• Thread starter Mr Mackey
  • Start date
  • Views 526
Mr Mackey

Mr Mackey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new Xbox 360 dashboard to incorporate functions for the upcoming Kinect device will launch this November, but a hacking team who have gained access to the new dashboard beta has run some tests and made a very welcoming discovery. Within the new update it has been revealed that firmware information for the consoles disc drive and its connection to Xbox Live can be monitored. This would send information to Microsoft and allow for greater monitoring of modded drives that play pirated games, alterations of drive firmware would then result in an instant console ban.

Source: http://www.xboxic.com/news/6343

What does this mean for you?
For me, I'm a bit disturbed considering my console has hacked firmware, but what about you?

KVForFree

KVForFree

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new Xbox 360 dashboard to incorporate functions for the upcoming Kinect device will launch this November, but a hacking team who have gained access to the new dashboard beta has run some tests and made a very welcoming discovery. Within the new update it has been revealed that firmware information for the consoles disc drive and its connection to Xbox Live can be monitored. This would send information to Microsoft and allow for greater monitoring of modded drives that play pirated games, alterations of drive firmware would then result in an instant console ban.

Source: http://www.xboxic.com/news/6343

What does this mean for you?
For me, I'm a bit disturbed considering my console has hacked firmware, but what about you?
f*ck me

Cheez

Cheez

I Got The Wizard Stick
Retired
Forum Addict
Reaction score
This has only been posted 11 times.

Fatality

Fatality

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
So what you're saying is for jtagger's, when we Flash a kv, it will be banned automatically?

Mr Mackey

Mr Mackey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't know it had already been posted.
Just trying to give my 2 cents to the community is all.

Top Bottom
Login
Register