Discussion New 30 Custom Plate FAQ

• Thread starter m4gnum99
  • Start date
  • Views 3,517
m4gnum99

m4gnum99

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys so I'm not sure if a lot of you know about the new update regarding custom license plates I'm going to give you guys some information and also ask a question that I have in case anyone knows a little bit more than I do.

first off if you have not created a custom plate yet and download the iFruit app you will be able to see your screen that shows you one out of 30 license plates that you can customize. this is important to know that once you customize the plate it will cost you 100,000 as well as be permanent once you create it.
now if you remember from the old version you were able to create one plate and then change the color of your will in LSC, now you create one plate with different text and choose the color scheme so if it's black and yellow it will always be black and yellow. you no longer will be able to change the color.

my question to you guys out there who know more about this is if you had a previous existing plate before the new patch tell me if you were able to change the color of that plate in game real time or if they change that as well?

The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

(Re)tired eyes from the shadows
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You can change the background of all thirty plates. I have 20 different ones now and when I go to LSC I can pick any of them and any of the backgrounds.

Pyroman

Pyroman

No
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Seriously? You need pics of license plates?
Seriously... You are asking this?
To answer, yes, I do is that a problem? and I don't need pictures of license plates, I just want to see them. And, why would I ask that if I didn't want to see license plates?
and if I am mistake, or read this wrong, they are something new implemented in the game(license plate background) so, why would he not include pictures of something new?

delawarebratboi

delawarebratboi

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
To answer, yes, I do is that a problem? and I don't need pictures of license plates, I just want to see them. And, why would I ask that if I didn't want to see license plates?
and if I am mistake, or read this wrong, they are something new implemented in the game(license plate background) so, why would he not include pictures of something new?
The only thing that has changed is the ability to have unique personalized text on up to 30 different car's plates. The backgrounds are still the same as when the game came out.

R1S3N ABOVE

R1S3N ABOVE

RGH Owner :)
Reaction score
Sin$
any pics? or anything like that?
I don't know he was asking a question.

Pyroman

Pyroman

No
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The only thing that has changed is the ability to have unique personalized text on up to 30 different car's plates. The backgrounds are still the same as when the game came out.
Ok, thank you lol, I must have misread it, I am sorry.

m4gnum99

m4gnum99

Reaction score
Sin$
any pics? or anything like that?
I can find an x post from reddit the guy shows his tailgater in LSC with three plate options. It is no longer the "private plate" option where you can then modify the color of the plate as you please. If you make it blue it's blue forever. So in the app, you choose the text and the color. And that becomes "one". If that makes sense. 
You can change the background of all thirty plates. I have 20 different ones now and when I go to LSC I can pick any of them and any of the backgrounds.
I actually called rockstar support on this and I guess they're clueless. Thanks for the reply Irish. Just clarify one thing if you can: the 100k you spend you had to assign the plate to a specific vehicle in i fruit. Once you pay and take that car in for the plate, is it available on all 30 cars? They (rock stars official support) said its unique to that car. Also, said you can't change the color of the plate like yellow and black to white etc. so you are saying you can? Thanks in advance.

The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I can find an x post from reddit the guy shows his tailgater in LSC with three plate options. It is no longer the "private plate" option where you can then modify the color of the plate as you please. If you make it blue it's blue forever. So in the app, you choose the text and the color. And that becomes "one". If that makes sense. 

I actually called rockstar support on this and I guess they're clueless. Thanks for the reply Irish. Just clarify one thing if you can: the 100k you spend you had to assign the plate to a specific vehicle in i fruit. Once you pay and take that car in for the plate, is it available on all 30 cars? They (rock stars official support) said its unique to that car. Also, said you can't change the color of the plate like yellow and black to white etc. so you are saying you can? Thanks in advance.
Yeah, after you pay the first $100k for the plate itself you can have it on any vehicle you want for $200 per vehicle.

Catbat62

Catbat62

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Also something else interesting you can get SA EXEMPT (police car) license plate. So you can get that plate with whatever written on it. I got POLICE for my Buffalo so I look more official. P cool

m4gnum99

m4gnum99

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, after you pay the first $100k for the plate itself you can have it on any vehicle you want for $200 per vehicle.
Thanks bro. And you do that in game at LSC right? Last clarifying q. That color scheme you make sticks or can you change the background on the custom plate

AkimboNoob

AkimboNoob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Once you bought the plate through iFruit and processed the order, you can change the background colour on the fly at LSC for $200.

I've noticed some plates were missing from the list if a car no longer has that plate, you then have to reorder the plate through iFruit to regain it, which if free since its already been paid for previously.

The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
^^^ There's your answer dude, beat me to it

Mast3rsTutorials

Mast3rsTutorials

Knowledge Over Money Anyday
Reaction score
Sin$
You can save up to 30 plates.

a992149e9af70e490af59e6c72fb2002.png

m4gnum99

m4gnum99

Reaction score
Sin$
I am glad this thread gained traction. I'm on my phone and can't tag people but thanks to all who replied and I hope this helps anyone with questions about the new custom plate system 
On a side note does anyone still have their old original plate? How has that changed? Do you still have the "private plate" option at LSC? Mine got reset by rockstar and I didn't make a new one before the patch.

delawarebratboi

delawarebratboi

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
On a side note does anyone still have their old original plate? How has that changed? Do you still have the "private plate" option at LSC? Mine got reset by rockstar and I didn't make a new one before the patch.
I haven't changed my tags since the heist update. The option for private plate is gone at LSC, but I can still choose different color plates (same plate colors that were there before the heists released.) The private plate text stays the same if I choose a new color for the plate. The only thing that has changed is the ability to create new vanity tags in ifruit, and the private plate isn't an option anymore at LSC. I'm sure the reason they deleted the private plate option at LSC was so they didn't have to list up to 30 text options now that you can have 30 different vanity plates.

Last edited:
AkimboNoob

AkimboNoob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you have iFruit installed the plate should be the 1st listed in the app with a bin icon on it, just stick in on a car, process order and when your in GTAO, go to LSC and process the order. Then when you return to LSC your plate should be listed exactly as you worded it.

No more "Private Plate" option, now you have a list of custom plates you've process with in the Plate menu under the plate backgrounds.

E .G

Plate
Blue on white $200
Yellow on black $200
P3P
NOOB
JOKER
ROADKILL

You can have any custom plate with any background on any car you wish.

Last edited:
delawarebratboi

delawarebratboi

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Here's a video of my tag options just to clear things up. Yes I have a few custom plates available in ifruit.

Top Bottom
Login
Register