Solved Networking Problems... I suck at this

• Thread starter hideandseek
  • Start date
  • Views 511
H

hideandseek

Reaction score
Sin$
So I got the FTP to work using a crossover cable and for a while I was using a regular ethernet cable connected to my router to get internet on my xbox (weather in xbmc, linksboks etc.) Recently, like 30 mins ago, my connection to my router wont work on my xbox. I can still FTP using my crossover, but I cant get internet working. It was literally working all yesterday and earlier tonight, but not now.

When I use the crossover to FTP I set the IP to static and assign my own values and leave auto detect on but when Im going for internet with the ethernet through my router I switch it to DHCP and leave the auto detect on and change nothing else.

Is there some setting I am screwing up or what?

Links to tuts rather than wasting your time explaining are welcome, if possible.

Thanks

F

ForrrestMaster

You can crossover to your box and get internet at the same time if you have and ethernet port and another way to connect like a wireless USB or a USB to your modem and bridge the connections.

H

hideandseek

Reaction score
Sin$
I was going to ask about bridging the connections, but it suddenly started working again :? IDK what I did, but it works now.

Any recommendations on tutorials on bridging? Otherwise its off to google for me.

EDIT: 10 seconds later, I started linksboks and quit it and now its not working again. :cursing:

F

ForrrestMaster

Um, I can tell you everything you need. Just select both connections in Network connections, right click, and do Bridge Connections. Then set your xbox to DHCP.

Top Bottom
Login
Register