What's new

.net firmwork help

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
okay, i'm trying to help my first update to 4.0. but he's telling me that he keeps getting all of these errors, idk. how can he find out what .net firmwork he currently has?

E

E Nellie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
okay, i'm trying to help my first update to 4.0. but he's telling me that he keeps getting all of these errors, idk. how can he find out what .net firmwork he currently has?

You can find it in the c:/system32/netframework folder

if it has 4.0 he would see it

EDIT: sorry its Computer/C/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework or Framework64 if hes on 64 bit

V

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
kk i'll have him try that. i would tell him to just download w7, but i don't want him to mess anything up haha

E

E Nellie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
kk i'll have him try that. i would tell him to just download w7, but i don't want him to mess anything up haha

Oh, he's not using w7, it might be a different folder then..let me know

V

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
yeah, he's xp. i sent him 3.5 then 4.0 framework to update, but he's telling me that it won't let him install them

E

E Nellie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah, he's xp. i sent him 3.5 then 4.0 framework to update, but he's telling me that it won't let him install them

He could always download them from the microsoft website

V

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
that's where i'm sending him the downloads from. but idk what's up. he won't teamview with me, so yeah

B

BlassToise

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Download Site for 4.0

Tell him to scroll down all the way until he sees Instructions. Follow number 1 if he's using a 32bit XP system. Before that, however, make sure he has all the necessary updates. (From Windows Update)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom