Need your guys' help, is this safe to play?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Eye in the Sky, Jun 24, 2009 with 4 replies and 269 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eye in the Sky

Eye in the Sky Newbie

Ratings:
    Alright I downloaded a certain game, *cough* Dead or alive extreme 2 *cough* and this game has a n*** patch applied. My question is, is since the data on the disk is modified, is it safe to play and not get banned, even if it passes stealth check? What if I were to play offline only? Thanks

2. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I've heard these types of games aren't safe...but I have no evidence or reasoning behind it other than yes you are playing a game where the content is modified beyond its original

3. joshandrok

joshandrok Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I wouldn't say it's not safe to play, but when your modding you run the chance of being banned regardless.. You're drive is obviously flashed if you're playing a burnt disc, so you're already running the risk of being banned now.. I personally would do it just because I don't think you will get banned, but that's ultimately your decision. And I don't know about offline. I still think it will do the usual disc checks that it does with every game to make sure it's real. But if stealth check ran OK then there should be no problem there. But again don't take my word for it.

4. OP
    Eye in the Sky

Eye in the Sky Newbie

Ratings:
    See heres what I think. If I play offline, remove my hard drive and any other storage device, the game will have nowhere to cache the texture files but within the ram. So as soon as i turn my xbox off, it erases that data. Supposedly that's the way they catch you, by seeing the altered texture files. Do you guys think this will work? Also I should say that i recently played an altered Guitar hero 3 with autobot feature online. Do you think that will get me banned? Sorry It wouldnt let me edit my post for whatever reason.

5. Carson

Carson Retired Retired

Ratings:
    In theory it is possible to get banned from any modifications, but as of now no one has been banned for the Autobot or DOA2 patch (that has been around forever with no bans, so I'd call it safe)

• Like Like x 1