What's new

Solved Need your guys' help, is this safe to play?

• Thread starter Eye in the Sky
  • Start date
  • Views 433
E

Eye in the Sky

Reaction score
Sin$
Alright I downloaded a certain game, *cough* Dead or alive extreme 2 *cough* and this game has a n*** patch applied. My question is, is since the data on the disk is modified, is it safe to play and not get banned, even if it passes stealth check? What if I were to play offline only? Thanks

J

JoeMal

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I've heard these types of games aren't safe...but I have no evidence or reasoning behind it other than yes you are playing a game where the content is modified beyond its original

J

joshandrok

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Eye in the Sky said:
Alright I downloaded a certain game, *cough* Dead or alive extreme 2 *cough* and this game has a n*** patch applied. My question is, is since the data on the disk is modified, is it safe to play and not get banned, even if it passes stealth check? What if I were to play offline only? Thanks

I wouldn't say it's not safe to play, but when your modding you run the chance of being banned regardless.. You're drive is obviously flashed if you're playing a burnt disc, so you're already running the risk of being banned now.. I personally would do it just because I don't think you will get banned, but that's ultimately your decision. And I don't know about offline. I still think it will do the usual disc checks that it does with every game to make sure it's real. But if stealth check ran OK then there should be no problem there. But again don't take my word for it.

E

Eye in the Sky

Reaction score
Sin$
See heres what I think. If I play offline, remove my hard drive and any other storage device, the game will have nowhere to cache the texture files but within the ram. So as soon as i turn my xbox off, it erases that data. Supposedly that's the way they catch you, by seeing the altered texture files. Do you guys think this will work? Also I should say that i recently played an altered Guitar hero 3 with autobot feature online. Do you think that will get me banned? Sorry It wouldnt let me edit my post for whatever reason.

C

Carson

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
In theory it is possible to get banned from any modifications, but as of now no one has been banned for the Autobot or DOA2 patch (that has been around forever with no bans, so I'd call it safe)

Top Bottom
Login
Register