• Thread starter elementsktr801
  • Start date
  • Views 623
E

elementsktr801

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Does anyone know where i can download the windows 98 second edition cd-rom from?????? i need it to install my new wireless card for my notebook but i bought this off of a friend and i dont have the cd :frown:

Operating System
  1. Windows
C

Chopstick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well i can make an iso and upload but if u just need a driver y dont u just go and google it?
if not goto www.isohunt.com and DL a torrent

K

Kickenwing

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Why don't you get an upgrade to xp pro or vista? 98SE is really out of date.

H

h3rpilit3s

Reaction score
Sin$
I bet it can. I put xp on a 256mhz laptop made for windows 95 and it works like a champ.

E

elementsktr801

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
oh damn that site has everything, thanks master chief

the windows 98se oem cd......is that the cd i need? like the error i get is "please insert the windows 98 second edition cd-rom", is that what i should get?

MAST3R CHI3F

MAST3R CHI3F

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Its kind of a family secret type thing. That site does have everything and its all on rapidshare or megaupload. Anyway, you might want to try another one I guess. That should be the right CD. Try booting your computer w/ that cd in the drive.

E

elementsktr801

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i got the files i needed on the cd but that bad thing is i still can't seem to get my adapter to work :frown:

MAST3R CHI3F

MAST3R CHI3F

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I dont have wireless so I can't really help you there but did you install the drivers for it? Could you mabe have the wrong drivers?

E

elementsktr801

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yea the thing is i downloaded the latest drivers from the website and it still won't work it doesnt recognize the card and theres a yellow ! in the device manager...i bet it has something to do with those windows 98se files. i downloaded the cd and copied only the files that it said i needed to the laptop..then when it asked for the files i pointed it toward where they were...it finished installing but it doesnt recognize the card

MAST3R CHI3F

MAST3R CHI3F

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, I'm sorry but thats really all I know since my network is wired.

Top Bottom
Login
Register