• Views 243
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chuck Norris

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, i got home today, and hooked up my computer.
And when i turned, it on, it got to the windows loading screen and then loaded and went to a black screen and then just restarted again.

So i decided to Reformat. After i deleted my partion i got this:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try chaging video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF85F9AD9, 0xF898B7A4, 0xF898B4A4)

So i turn off my computer and load it normally and get:
NTLDR is missing
Press CTRL Alt Del to restart.

And everytime i reformat i get what happens in blue above.

So yeah, now i have no idea what to do.

X

x DiViNiTy x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
When this happened to me my computer crash because of a virus and my system was done. I had to get a new computer. Idk if thats your problem

Z

Zarcu

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
NTDLR is a file used for booting the OS and you're missing it.
Be sure you have the cd/dvd drive as your first boot device, boot from an xp disc and partition/format the drive if needed. Then reinstall xp.

C

Chuck Norris

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
^^ And what does that mean exactly.

Lol, please come on.
I really need my computer.

M

Mizwax

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
there should be a way to inturupt the boot before you get to that point. it gives you some settings. one will be what to boot from when your computer starts up. he is saying change it to your dvd drive and put the xp disc in that and do a whojamawhatle.

C

Chuck Norris

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Ive tried that, but half way in i get that **** that i have in blue.

M

Mizwax

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
then you are screwed. go to bestbuy right now (assuming they are closed) and stea... GET, a computer.

C

Chuck Norris

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Just got back from trying, but for some odd reason, the doors were locked.

Any other ideas? Anyone?

ChiefJoboo

ChiefJoboo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
if you can get to safe mode with networking (keep pusing f8 during boot) get avg8 and superantispyware from superantispyware.com and update them and scan them, o and before that, run windows update

M

Mizwax

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
take it to geek squad and ask them. if they give you a huge price, just say, "oh, its not worth it for that old computer, i wanted that one from walmart anyway" (lol) then if they dont redo the price, come back later and get them to do it.

Z

Zarcu

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright. So do you have have anything worth keeping on your computer?

If not start your computer, find out what F key you have to press to boot from CD. Put your XP cd in and boot from it. After you do format everything if you don't care and install XP fresh. If you do care for your **** there should be a repair option. Click that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register