What's new

Solved Need to get down to business with my PC specs.

• Thread starter Frosty Teh Snowman
  • Start date
  • Views 367
Frosty Teh Snowman

Frosty Teh Snowman

Hated by many, loved by none.
Mr. Nice Guy Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So hey guys, i need a little feedback and help on how to make this PC a little bit better, Now before you go on and do your PC magic things :tongue: take note i just want to be able to run Minecraft on a decent render without lagging. Also** I have little to no money, maybe $70. Sorry guy's if this is a hard one, feel free to put items on the list from 0-$100 price range if you want nothing higher as it'll just get my hopes up. :tongue:
Desktop
Number of Bays
1 internal 3.5", 1 external 3.5", 1 external 5.25"

Dimensions
H: 15.65" W: 4.59" D: 14.25"
H: 39.75cm W: 11.66cm D: 36.19cm

Slots
2 low-profile PCI
-(H: 2.5" X L: 6.6")
1 low-profile PCIe x16 graphics
Optional Riser converts the PCIe and PCI to either 1 PCIe and 1 PCI or 2 PCI - variable height
-(H: 4.2" X L: 6.9")

Power Supply
280W

Full Specs here

Last edited:
The_Notorious_BIG

The_Notorious_BIG

NO NO NO NOTORIOUS
Reaction score
Sin$
So hey guys, i need a little feedback and help on how to make this PC a little bit better, Now before you go on and do your PC magic things :tongue: take note i just want to be able to run Minecraft on a decent render without lagging. Also** I have little to no money, maybe $70. Sorry guy's if this is a hard one, feel free to put items on the list from 0-$100 price range if you want nothing higher as it'll just get my hopes up. :tongue:
Desktop
Number of Bays

Dimensions

Slots
2 low-profile PCI
Optional Riser converts the PCIe and PCI to either 1 PCIe and 1 PCI or 2 PCI - variable height

Power Supply
280W

Full Specs here

I dont suppose you know another place to find the info about that same PC. The webiste provided has the shitest info on Earth.

All you really need for Minecraft is a CPU. Minecraft only really uses the CPU. If you had the best GPU in the world, but the slowest CPU ever. It just wont run nicely. Although, thats the same with most games. Just believe in me that Minecraft uses the CPU more than anything else. 
Desktop
Number of Bays

Dimensions

Slots
2 low-profile PCI

Power Supply
280W

Full Specs here

Its okay, I have found some specs of your PC: http://www.pcworld.com/product/30456/dell-optiplex-755.html

I must say, even though you want to play Minecraft, this is going to struggle. Like maybe 30 fps on a pretty low setting.

For Minecraft, the CPU is the first list on the agender. Ill let someone else find a CPU or something in that price range because I know near to nothing about CPU's in this price range.

Frosty Teh Snowman

Frosty Teh Snowman

Reaction score
Sin$
I dont suppose you know another place to find the info about that same PC. The webiste provided has the ****est info on Earth.

All you really need for Minecraft is a CPU. Minecraft only really uses the CPU. If you had the best GPU in the world, but the slowest CPU ever. It just wont run nicely. Although, thats the same with most games. Just believe in me that Minecraft uses the CPU more than anything else. 

Its okay, I have found some specs of your PC: http://www.pcworld.com/product/30456/dell-optiplex-755.html

I must say, even though you want to play Minecraft, this is going to struggle. Like maybe 30 fps on a pretty low setting.

For Minecraft, the CPU is the first list on the agender. Ill let someone else find a CPU or something in that price range because I know near to nothing about CPU's in this price range.
Well thanks for the help man! I'll add the site you found on to the OP for anyone else looking. :smile:

The_Notorious_BIG

The_Notorious_BIG

NO NO NO NOTORIOUS
Reaction score
Sin$
Well thanks for the help man! I'll add the site you found on to the OP for anyone else looking. :smile:
One thing I will say though, because you have a $100 budget, going with AMD would have been better, but you're with Intel and switching between the two would mean changing Motherboards etc.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I dont suppose you know another place to find the info about that same PC. The webiste provided has the ****est info on Earth.

It uses a lot of ram as well. That is one of the biggest reasons people can't play the game.

Frosty Teh Snowman

Frosty Teh Snowman

Reaction score
Sin$
That's one reason you have trouble playing the game. I suggest getting more ram. At least 8gb
Could I use this one? Also to put in the new RAM, would I need to update anything else? It seems to update one thing it leads to another. :cry:

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Login
Register