Solved Need to find a good mobo upgrade

Claws

Claws

Skepta <3
Retired
Lifetime
Journalist Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Stickied
Reaction score
So I got my friends PC at my shop rn. I'm in charge of finding a good mobo replacement and changing it out for him. His build is this:

CPU: AMD FX-8320
RAM: 8gb corsair vengeance ddr3
MOBO: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3
GPU: Geforce GTX 960 (EVGA)

I need a decent Mobo replacement. The case has 4 fans, but only 3 need to have a plug on the mobo. I'd prefer to have 3 available, however I can try and find a splitter if need be. The main use will be gaming. if you need any more info, let me know

Golly

Golly

Stay Humble
Beginning of An Odyssey Fabled Veteran Bright Idea
Reaction score
So I got my friends PC at my shop rn. I'm in charge of finding a good mobo replacement and changing it out for him. His build is this:

CPU: AMD FX-8320
RAM: 8gb corsair vengeance ddr3
MOBO: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3
GPU: Geforce GTX 960 (EVGA)

I need a decent Mobo replacement. The case has 4 fans, but only 3 need to have a plug on the mobo. I'd prefer to have 3 available, however I can try and find a splitter if need be. The main use will be gaming. if you need any more info, let me know
Used to have a MSI 970A SLI KRAIT EDITION in my old build and loved it. Now I am currently running the Gigabyte 990FX - Gaming Motherboard.

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Bug Finder Services
Reaction score
Claws Claws

It depends on your budget, if you mind getting a second-hand motherboard and if you want to overclock your CPU or not.

Claws

Claws

Skepta <3
Retired
Lifetime
Journalist Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Stickied
Reaction score
Claws Claws

It depends on your budget, if you mind getting a second-hand motherboard and if you want to overclock your CPU or not.
I've ended up ordering one already. Thanks for the input though! I forgot to lock the thread last night :tongue:

Top Bottom