• Thread starter Foster the People
  • Start date
  • Views 244
F

Foster the People

Developer | Student
Reaction score
Hey everyone.​
I'm currently scripting a RTE-Based tool for Call of Duty: Ghosts, but need some help.​
My Problems:
  • My dog decided it'd be funny to piss on my RGH and completely ruin the motherboard
  • My JTAG doesn't have a wireless card, or an HDMI hookup. So, I can't hook it up to my TV and router, because my TV only has HDMI and ****.

If you are interested in helping me (this could take a while, and I will have to send you an .EXE each time we test) please reply below and I'll ask you for your Skype/AIM.

K

Kingkat714

Contributor
Reaction score
I doubt you are scripting an RTE based tool. More likely programming it lol.

K

Kingkat714

Contributor
Reaction score
I am actually scripting a C# RTE Tool. ._.

C# is not a scripting language.
"There is a huge difference between programming and scripting that is seemingly so close some times, it can be hard to distinguish. The main thing between the two is that with a program you can do anything that is possible with the computer. Scripting however is writing code that a program accepts and then does what you tell it. Scripting is limited to whatever the programmer allowed or programmed into it, to let you script(control). Even with Windows 7 PowerShell, which allows you to do many, many things deep into the system, is but a script engine. The PowerShell itself now, is a program!
One other factor that makes it rather confusing is with programming languages them selves. Some limit what you can do, while others allow for more control. It starts to sound like scripting when I say that, but I guess the main thing I could say about programming and scripting is with scripting you are talking to a program, while Programming you are talking to the Operating System!
So, you want to control a program, Script! You want to control the computer, program! and maybe just allow scripting in your program as well!
With that said, you need to understand that you can have more or less power over the computer depending on the programming language you choose. Scripting is way less power, but Programming has it's more complex (more power) languages as well.
All the ones you listed, Perl, Python, Ruby, and groovy are Programming Languages!
Some examples of Scripting would be like VBScript (A subpart of VB(Visual Basic) the programming language), jscript (Java Script, another subpart) and the oldest of all time, Batch programming in DOS! These would be the .bat files..."
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9152190/difference-between-scripting-and-programming-language

Yes. I'm the asshat who does these things.

Top Bottom