What's new

Solved Need someone familiar with circuits and smd to help find this inductor!

• Thread starter adroitful
  • Start date
  • Views 406
A

adroitful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, so I ordered a couple of broken Xbox One controllers on ebay for a pretty good price. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the first one. It just had sticky buttons. The other one however would not power on. Well, upon further inspection, I realized it was getting extremely hot right next to the d-pad. I figured there was a short in there somewhere and proceeded to take it apart. Once I got in there, I found out it was this 4r7 (Inductor?). It was extremely hot. You couldn't even touch it without burning yourself. So, I desoldered it. Now, I am wondering if someone can help me to find another suitable replacement for it? Also, is it even worth messing with? With that thing going out, would it have possibly fried something else? I noticed every now and then, the power light on the controller would BARELY light up. So I think it may possibly still be good if I replaced this part. Anyways, here is pics of what i'm referring to:

There was 2 of the 4r7 inductors on there. I desoldered one on the right. Can't seem to find one that looks exactly like the one I removed. However, the one still there is the exact same thing. This is the part in question:
WOWk1ZN.jpg

Last edited:
A

adroitful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay. My question is, some of the inductors have a letter after the 4r7. Example: 4r7k or 4r7j. What is the difference? Would any of these be compatible?

N

NETO0214

Banned
Reaction score
Okay. My question is, some of the inductors have a letter after the 4r7. Example: 4r7k or 4r7j. What is the difference? Would any of these be compatible?

My buddy had same issue u did but on both of them, what he did was he bought couple different ones and I've contact him and he sent the link said those were the ones he ended it replacing them with

I've honestly haven't messed with controller boards like that I've only modded them my self, u can ask for a second opinion just wait till the morning when someone reponds to thread

A

adroitful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My buddy had same issue u did but on both of them, what he did was he bought couple different ones and I've contact him and he sent the link said those were the ones he ended it replacing them with

I've honestly haven't messed with controller boards like that I've only modded them my self, u can ask for a second opinion just wait till the morning when someone reponds to thread
Okay. Cool! I'll go ahead and order some I guess.. I appreciate your help, i'm just trying to understand more of how these work. I noticed that some of them have a k or j or something at that end, and was curious as to what that meant and if any of them would be compatible with each other

N

NETO0214

Banned
Reaction score
Okay. Cool! I'll go ahead and order some I guess.. I appreciate your help, i'm just trying to understand more of how these work. I noticed that some of them have a k or j or something at that end, and was curious as to what that meant and if any of them would be compatible with each other
Ur trying the hard way lol on fixing them, I would of had them replace :wink:

A

adroitful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ur trying the hard way lol on fixing them, I would of had them replace :wink:
Yea.. I sent off for a repair request over a week ago and haven't received my label.. Besides, I've already got 1 working controller for cheaper than the price of a used controller so getting the 2nd one to work is just a bonus

Last edited:
Top Bottom