What's new

Solved Need some insight here on a 24 hour ban

Frigginsweet492

Frigginsweet492

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So, I was just playing around on gta on 360, when all of a sudden I get booted and told my account was signed in on another console, I am literally the only one that knows my information so that bothered me. But I shook it off and just decided to try and sign back on. I do, and I get "this account has been suspended from xbox live." Uh why? Well I've been up all night trying to figure this out, talk to support, went to the enforcement page, find out cheating? Well, I submitted a case review and they got right back to me about how this will be upheld as they have evidence that this account had come in contact with a modified console, and I'm just thinking WTF? Honestly, I am nowhere near technologically literate enough to begin with modding anything console wise. I suppose my question here is, does anyone know if just getting into cash drop lobbies on gta will result in a suspension from live? As far as I know I haven't gotten anything Rockstar related, but that is literally all I've ever done in way of anything modded. I mean a friggin USB mod menu a few weeks back for Waw, but could that have done it?? Anyone, help?

Hulk

Hulk

️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️
Administrator
Trifecta Odysseus' Summit MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I suppose my question here is, does anyone know if just getting into cash drop lobbies on gta will result in a suspension from live? As far as I know I haven't gotten anything Rockstar related, but that is literally all I've ever done in way of anything modded. I mean a friggin USB mod menu a few weeks back for Waw, but could that have done it?? Anyone, help?
Your account may have been hacked by someone and they probably used it for modding and got it banned. And from what I have heard in the past that yes just being in modded lobbies can get you suspended from Xbox live.

Your only hope is Microsoft seeing that your account may have been compromised and signed into by a different IP then the usual one that you yourself use. Keep trying to speak with them and explain to them that your account may have been hacked into and you need them to check the IPs that signed into it.

Upvote 0
ausernamez

ausernamez

Hooked on phonics worked for me.
Reaction score
Sin$
Your account may have been hacked by someone and they probably used it for modding and got it banned. And from what I have heard in the past that yes just being in modded lobbies can get you suspended from Xbox live.

Your only hope is Microsoft seeing that your account may have been compromised and signed into by a different IP then the usual one that you yourself use. Keep trying to speak with them and explain to them that your account may have been hacked into and you need them to check the IPs that signed into it.
I agree with you. Ask them to check the ip addresses.

Upvote 0
Frigginsweet492

Frigginsweet492

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you for your responses, it's 3am now and still feel like "cheated" myself, ironically. I don't know who else to talk to, both support people I talked to just told me to open a case review and I did, and that was just batted down, they told me that it was being upheld because the activity on the account pointed to the fact that it was knowingly being used with a modified console, like telling me, nope, nothing else you say will matter we've decided. and then they just gave me this huge lecture on how cheating is not taken lightly and it affects everyone playing online, just like. What. I was just playing snipers vs stunters and you cheated me out of my last round. Ugh. Just kinda feel powerless.

Upvote 0
Sailor V

Sailor V

Champion of Justice
Reaction score
Sin$
Definitely a hacker, just report it to microsoft, but I have had my main account for 3 years with tons of cash drops, recoveries, waw mod menu's, infections, and glitches. I have not been banned or suspended once :smile:

Upvote 0
Gandalf61

Gandalf61

You Shall Not Pass!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
well, since the Ban is only 24 hours, it will probably expire before they fix it for you. You better make sure you change all your passwords. Definitely a hacker somehow got a hold of you passwords etc.

I get this message when my son, whose console is in another room accidently signs on as me. I get booted with a message that my account was signed onto another console.

Upvote 0
Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you for your responses, it's 3am now and still feel like "cheated" myself, ironically. I don't know who else to talk to, both support people I talked to just told me to open a case review and I did, and that was just batted down, they told me that it was being upheld because the activity on the account pointed to the fact that it was knowingly being used with a modified console, like telling me, nope, nothing else you say will matter we've decided. and then they just gave me this huge lecture on how cheating is not taken lightly and it affects everyone playing online, just like. What. I was just playing snipers vs stunters and you cheated me out of my last round. Ugh. Just kinda feel powerless.
There's no negotiations for bans in reality. They tell you to "open a case" but it does not mean a thing. My retail account was banned even though it was not used on my modified console. I asked for proof that my Gamertag was used on a modified console and all they said was they don't unban accounts and can't unban consoles.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register