Need some help.

Discussion in 'Wii & Wii U Modding' started by Niko Jims, Feb 6, 2010 with 6 replies and 448 views.

1. Niko Jims

Niko Jims Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I tried softmodding my Wii and didn't succeed. Now, when I start up my Wii, instead of the BootMii menu showing, it's just a black screen but still acts like it's there (or at least I think it is). Is there any way I can fix this? I've tried launching it from the HBC, re-installing everything (I think). Any way I can fix this?

2. bin laden

bin laden Newbie

Ratings:
    ....how the hell do u ppl mod everything?

3. jayman

jayman Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It'd be really handy if you knew what wads you tried to install. A black screen on start up could be down to a number of different things.

Do you get one or two flashes from the DVD slot when you start up?

Also did you make a nand back up?do you have bootmii installed?

Anything else you can answer might help, like the screen flashes or go blue for a second then goes black.

4. p3rksy

p3rksy Elite Member

Ratings:
  5. OP
    Niko Jims

Niko Jims Enthusiast

Ratings:
    One, Yes, Yes.

It's just a black screen but when I hit the reset button, the Warning thing on the normal Wii startup appears. I don't remember what wads I installed, though.

6. jayman

jayman Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well you can always restore you nand to get it back to normal.Did you have it softmod and everything was fine until you installed another wad or tried to uninstall IOS?

Also if you have the sd card still in when you start up, try taking it out and start it.Not sure if that will help, but worth a try.

What firmware are you running also.

7. OP
    Niko Jims

Niko Jims Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I couldn't get any of the IOS's to work, they just froze.

4.2U