What's new

Unsolved Need some help with RGH Jasper, believe it's hard drive problems

• Thread starter NoSoul
  • Start date
  • Views 118
N

NoSoul

Reaction score
Ok kind of a long story I had an RGH Jasper and lightning hit it and knocked out the HDMI, but I was using components fine but it took 2 minutes to load but always worked perfectly after I always thought it was because of the RGH job so I got another Jasper that has HDMI RGH'd and the person who did it said it would be instant load times, and it's not as long as the other but it still took like a minute but then I've had problems with it loading Aurora and freezing and turning off. But now I think it's the hard drive that was on the first console because when I use the other hard drive I have on either console there's no problems with freezing and there's no long wait for Aurora to load. So I need to reset my hard drive internal hard drive somehow but it's got a ton of games on it saves and custom covers I made for Aurora so I don't want to lose everything. What's the best way to go about this should I copy everything to my computer, format and copy back? But maybe it's the files and doing that may give me the same problems. Can i clear cache what will that delete? Just need to know what to do.

The hard drive was purchased years ago on Ebay someone replaced the original 20 gb hard drive with like a 250 gb hdd, so that could be the issue. I just wish I didn't have any games, saves and other stuff on it but I have a lot.

thanks

A

Atlas

Local Rivethead
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Ok kind of a long story I had an RGH Jasper and lightning hit it and knocked out the HDMI, but I was using components fine but it took 2 minutes to load but always worked perfectly after I always thought it was because of the RGH job so I got another Jasper that has HDMI RGH'd and the person who did it said it would be instant load times, and it's not as long as the other but it still took like a minute but then I've had problems with it loading Aurora and freezing and turning off. But now I think it's the hard drive that was on the first console because when I use the other hard drive I have on either console there's no problems with freezing and there's no long wait for Aurora to load. So I need to reset my hard drive internal hard drive somehow but it's got a ton of games on it saves and custom covers I made for Aurora so I don't want to lose everything. What's the best way to go about this should I copy everything to my computer, format and copy back? But maybe it's the files and doing that may give me the same problems. Can i clear cache what will that delete? Just need to know what to do.

The hard drive was purchased years ago on Ebay someone replaced the original 20 gb hard drive with like a 250 gb hdd, so that could be the issue. I just wish I didn't have any games, saves and other stuff on it but I have a lot.

thanks
I would recommend taking all of the games and files off of the HDD and then formatting it. From there, add on your files back to it, but start with ones that are un-modded and ones that appear to be the least risky. I would think that something that has been modified is causing the issue, but it may just be a badly functioning hard drive. Using a 250GB should not be a problem; I replaced my HDD with a 500GB one.

N

NoSoul

Reaction score
Thanks I've copied everything on to my computer (took all night and several system shutdowns) and backed up my saves. But when I format the hard drive how will i reinstall everything? Wont it be like a retail 360 where I can't access anything like xexmenu?
Post automatically merged:

I figured that out by reinstalling Xexmenu. Now reinstalling everything. Going to take awhile hopefully it works better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom