Need Keynote on a Windows XP

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by TehPhelix, Jan 6, 2009 with 3 replies and 123 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Well let me explain the backstory of this. Starting tomorrow my Pre-Calculus class will be starting a project for a section in which we have to teach. Since my teacher is a Mac finatic and everything he teachers is from his computer in keynote (powerpoint's counter-part). Well suprisingly, even though our school is dirt poor and cheap (roof collapsing when it was drizzling out) our technolagy department won a grant last year and got a bunch of laptops. So now, our class has 30 laptops and we have to make a keynote presentation starting tomorrow for two weeks. Now I really don't feel like doing this in school as that is my napping time so I was hoping I could do it at home. However I do not own a Mac I am on a PC with Windows XP. Now I was wondering if I could somehow get Keynote on my Windows. That way I can do it all in one night, put it on a flash drive and put it on the computer acting like I did it all and enjoy my nap time. If anyone can point me in the right direction of how I can get keynote on a Windows XP or it is even possible I would appreciate it.

2. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    You won't be able to run a Mac program on Windows. If Keynote is the equivalent of powerpoint, why not just use that?

3. OP
    TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I can't use PowerPoint and then open it and edit it in Keynote can I? Because he is going to check it off the computers there in keynote to make sure I did it and export it from keynote. I will also need to record a voice over in class for the presentation in keynote. So it would be so much easier to just do it in Keynote.

4. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.