• Views 1,163
Josef Stalin

Josef Stalin

Retired
Retired
MotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Well my iPod touch 4g randomly stopped working today so I tried to do a system restore and it kept on come up with errors. I think I need to manually restore it by downloading the firmware and selecting it but I need some help so I don't mess up my iPod more than it already is.

Hopefully someone will be able to help me tonight...

Just post below if you can help and I will pm you my teamviewer stuff.

Operating System
  1. iOS
Google

Google

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well my iPod touch 4g randomly stopped working today so I tried to do a system restore and it kept on come up with errors. I think I need to manually restore it by downloading the firmware and selecting it but I need some help so I don't mess up my iPod more than it already is.

Hopefully someone will be able to help me tonight...

Just post below if you can help and I will pm you my teamviewer stuff.

Did you try DFU mode?

Google

Google

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, well try plugging it into iTunes. It should say something along the lines of, "...found device in recovery mode...", then just press restore. B)

Josef Stalin

Josef Stalin

Retired
Retired
MotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, well try plugging it into iTunes. It should say something along the lines of, "...found device in recovery mode...", then just press restore. B)
Error.jpg

Josef Stalin

Josef Stalin

Retired
Retired
MotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Ahh ha, I just remembered a terminal based application on mac that I used to un brick my iPhone 4 after bad jailbreak. :huh: Let me find a windows counter-part.
Alright this is not from a bad jailbreak though, this just randomly happened tonight

Google

Google

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Bad news, Hardware error. Return your device to Apple if possible. The problem is a bad dock connector on the iPhone. Must change the connector. If you have tried almost everything, reset the logic board (leave uncharged for five days or remove battery for half an hour), then pwn and restore. if this doesn't work, the "hard disk" of your iPhone is damaged. (Error 28) :frown:

http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=ITunes_Errors

It should still be under warranty though B)

Josef Stalin

Josef Stalin

Retired
Retired
MotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Bad news, Hardware error. Return your device to Apple if possible. The problem is a bad dock connector on the iPhone. Must change the connector. If you have tried almost everything, reset the logic board (leave uncharged for five days or remove battery for half an hour), then pwn and restore. if this doesn't work, the "hard disk" of your iPhone is damaged. (Error 28) :frown:

It's an iTouch I'll check

Josef Stalin

Josef Stalin

Retired
Retired
MotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$

Alright, good it says it is still covered until november.

Is there no fix for this at all?

Google

Google

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
According to everything I have seen it is a hardware related issue, making it unfixable on your part. The fact that it is under warranty is good because you should receive a brand new one free of charge. :wink:

Josef Stalin

Josef Stalin

Retired
Retired
MotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
According to everything I have seen it is a hardware related issue, making it unfixable on your part. The fact that it is under warranty is good because you should receive a brand new one free of charge. :wink:
But then I won't be on 7s as much :frown:

I could also try to SE another one the same way the iPhone is done.

You never know when a f***ed up iTouch will come in handy :biggrin:

Top Bottom
Login
Register