Question Need information

Zero

Zero

Vox Populi Vox Dei
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Recently jailbroke my 6s+, was watching YouTube today and it still had 83%, halfway through my video, phone dies instantly. I plugged it up and it had 2% when it finally turned back on. I'm completely confused as to what would've caused this as I haven't installed any tweaks yet as I'm waiting for devs to update the tweaks I use most. Another thing that was odd was I opened cydia and the Pangu Unteather 9.0.x needed to be updated. I'm just wanting to avoid future occurrences of this.

Tabuu Tabuu , Pie Pie

Operating System
  1. iOS
Pie

Pie

hotdog
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Your battery dying has nothing to do with your Jailbreak.

You can try running icleaner but you might wanna just get something like that checked out if it happens again.

Zero

Zero

Vox Populi Vox Dei
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Your battery dying has nothing to do with your Jailbreak.

You can try running icleaner but you might wanna just get something like that checked out if it happens again.
That was something else I just did after reading some on Reddit. It ended up cleaning 4GBs worth of data, which was weird considering I only have a 16GB and have only used 1 1/2 GB so far. Anyways what it sounds like to me is that it was a kernel panic and those can drive the battery down fast on the 6s models due to new architecture. I read over the diagnostics and it showed one of these right at the time it died.

Pie

Pie

hotdog
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
That was something else I just did after reading some on Reddit. It ended up cleaning 4GBs worth of data, which was weird considering I only have a 16GB and have only used 1 1/2 GB so far. Anyways what it sounds like to me is that it was a kernel panic and those can drive the battery down fast on the 6s models due to new architecture. I read over the diagnostics and it showed one of these right at the time it died.
Just clean it bi-weekly just to keep your device running better.

Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Scaling the Mountain CotM Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Recently jailbroke my 6s+, was watching YouTube today and it still had 83%, halfway through my video, phone dies instantly. I plugged it up and it had 2% when it finally turned back on. I'm completely confused as to what would've caused this as I haven't installed any tweaks yet as I'm waiting for devs to update the tweaks I use most. Another thing that was odd was I opened cydia and the Pangu Unteather 9.0.x needed to be updated. I'm just wanting to avoid future occurrences of this.

Tabuu Tabuu , Pie Pie
I actually had this issue where my 6S plus (right before jailbreak) died instantly when it was at 30% because due to constantly changing the date & time. (for apps like case clicker which gives you money for changing date). If you have done that then that would be the issue. I have not had a single issue with it happening since I stopped changing the date in settings.

Zero

Zero

Vox Populi Vox Dei
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I actually had this issue where my 6S plus (right before jailbreak) died instantly when it was at 30% because due to constantly changing the date & time. (for apps like case clicker which gives you money for changing date). If you have done that then that would be the issue. I have not had a single issue with it happening since I stopped changing the date in settings.
That is my exact issue, and it was for case clicker too. I had stopped at around 12 PM today, but died instantly around 8 hours later.

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
That is my exact issue, and it was for case clicker too. I had stopped at around 12 PM today, but died instantly around 8 hours later.
You have to keep in mind a lot of services rely on proper date and time. If it's not set properly, a lot of services on the device like iMessage will keep trying to access their respective servers. If the date on the device isn't right, the server will refuse access for security reasons but the service will keep trying to connect. That's most likely what's killing the battery.

Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Scaling the Mountain CotM Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
You have to keep in mind a lot of services rely on proper date and time. If it's not set properly, a lot of services on the device like iMessage will keep trying to access their respective servers. If the date on the device isn't right, the server will refuse access for security reasons but the service will keep trying to connect. That's most likely what's killing the battery.
Yep indeed that is the issue. I knew it messed with iMessage and stuff, but never thought about battery. Everything has been all good and fine since I stopped doing it.

So for future use for anyone having the issue after changing date & time.

Set date & time to automatic, reboot device, don't change date again. :tongue:

Top Bottom
Login
Register