What's new

Solved Need Hepl With This!!!

Red Mods

Red Mods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So im buying an rgh that only has 4gb of memory can i use a flashdrive to run games or do i have to get a hhd. I am going to get one in the future but im wondering about rite now. Please help!

Thanks. Red Mods

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
So im buying an rgh that only has 4gb of memory can i use a flashdrive to run games or do i have to get a hhd. I am going to get one in the future but im wondering about rite now. Please help!

Thanks. Red Mods
You can use a USB drive. It will work fine.

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Programmer MotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Keep in mind that you won't get a lot of games on a USB flash drive, unless you buy a ridiculously large one, which cost just a lot.
So you can get any 2.5" HDD and use it with your RGH.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

Thanks. Red Mods

You can use a USB drive. It will work fine.

Keep in mind that you won't get a lot of games on a USB flash drive, unless you buy a ridiculously large one, which cost just a lot.
So you can get any 2.5" HDD and use it with your RGH.
Not sure about you guys, but I like having a set up something along the lines of the following:

Internal HDD (SATA 2.5") 500GB formatted to the console: Can store DLC items, XBLA games, avatar items, homebrew, 360 games, and original xbox games.
1TB USB external HDD formatted to FAT32: Store 360 games and original xbox games. (XBLA, DLC, avatar items need to go on the internal HDD as opposed to one formatted to FAT32)

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Not sure about you guys, but I like having a set up something along the lines of the following:

Internal HDD (SATA 2.5") 500GB formatted to the console: Can store DLC items, XBLA games, avatar items, homebrew, 360 games, and original xbox games.
1TB USB external HDD formatted to FAT32: Store 360 games and original xbox games. (XBLA, DLC, avatar items need to go on the internal HDD as opposed to one formatted to FAT32)
I have a 500GB 3.5 as my internal for game saves, DLC, ect. and a 2TB USB FAT32 for my games. I haven't messed with my setup in a while, but since 17349 you have been able to use a 2TB USB for XBOX storage. That has changed the way alot of people just starting have setup their rigs. I just personally like mine and won't change just because it's there.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a 500GB 3.5 as my internal for game saves, DLC, ect. and a 2TB USB FAT32 for my games. I haven't messed with my setup in a while, but since 17349 you have been able to use a 2TB USB for XBOX storage. That has changed the way alot of people just starting have setup their rigs. I just personally like mine and won't change just because it's there.
Yeah, I wouldn't change my setup either. Glad to see you're like me and went for some big storage. I still have about 200GB free in total (used 1300GB of my available 1500HB). If anything I would get a 2TB external and just move everything over from the 1TB if I needed room.

Top Bottom
Login
Register