What's new

Solved Need Helping With First Build Storage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Acro

**Insert badass text here**
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've finally came around to building my first "Custom" PC build and not a pre-built computer, Although i have searched and searched on the internet for answers to my questions. But no answer has actually been clear. So i have decided to hop into the PC Support here on Se7enSins hoping for a clear answer!

So, I have a SSD and a HDD both just bought brand new. I want to have the SSD for OS (ONLY) I don't want any programs or anything at all to be installed there maybe Chrome and that's about it. How do i make it to where i can have all my installs, downloads, games etc.. Go to my HDD main drive & not to my SSD as i'm sure it's default to the boot drive.....

Sorry for being a noob, But it's my first custom build!

H

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
Whenever you install a software, the installer will ask you where you want to install it (the directory). If you want it to be installed on your HDD, just select a directory in your hard drive instead of your SSD.

For steam, you'll have to install steam on your HDD or change the default game directory to your HDD

A

Acro

**Insert badass text here**
Reaction score
Whenever you install a software, the installer will ask you where you want to install it (the directory). If you want it to be installed on your HDD, just select a directory in your hard drive instead of your SSD.

For steam, you'll have to install steam on your HDD or change the default game directory to your HDD
Thank you for the clear answer man! That sums everything up :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom