Solved Need Help

• Thread starter dalidorn
  • Start date
  • Views 575
D

dalidorn

Reaction score
Sin$
I am new to modding and am having trouble with packing a mod menu in a common.ff file can someone help me?

Sir Matrix

Sir Matrix

Sing us a song, your the piano man!
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It depends on what gsc you wrote the menu in or what menu your trying to put into the common.ff

Upvote 0
Sir Matrix

Sir Matrix

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm trying to put Elasticity v1 http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/elasticity-v1-release.1519626/ into a common file so i don't have to use mods thing on world at war and people can play with me
If this is for PC the you need to use the .gsc files in order to use the mod menu if its for xbox there is a common already made with the menu in it right here http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/elasticity-v1-final-release.1528858/#post-12327555 Made by AgreedBog381 AgreedBog381

Upvote 0
D

dalidorn

Reaction score
Sin$
It works but without it being in a common.ff others have to have the mod menu to join you

Upvote 0
Sir Matrix

Sir Matrix

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It works but without it being in a common.ff others have to have the mod menu to join you
Alright if you want to putit into the common for pc your going to have to open the common.ff with ff viewer or ff explorer then open the maps folder for elasticity and then copy the code from the .gscs to the ones in the common.ff, you'll also have to make/edit the name of some gsc's if their not there.

Upvote 0
AgreedBog381

AgreedBog381

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
A simple copy paste won't work, putting it into the pc common file. I have moved hundreds of thousands of bytes around to make gsc files a lot larger than normal. You would need to do the same to the pc common for a clean copy paste and that is very time consuming, it would take about 5 hours to do. So instead you should just have your friends put the mod in there mods folder. Btw they don't really have to have the mod either. Waw just checks if each player is running the same mod folder by making sure the names match. So if you have the folder Elasticity and you run it, then all your buddy's can just make an empty folder called Elasticity and they can play with you.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register