• Thread starter Smodoopa
  • Start date
  • Views 1,578
Smodoopa

Muskrat Lord

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have been working on an Xbox 360 modding program. So far I have made a rehasher/resigner, and several game save editors and I want to to add a Device Explorer and have the ability to export and import files from an Xbox 360 Harddrive or USB. I have searched everywhere for a tutorial or some idea on how to make one. Please someone assist I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

TheChillerCraft

ChillerCraft

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This should help you out.
And your going to need the X360 dll of course.

To get all the drives plugged into the computer, you have to use the "FATXManagement" class, and call the "GetFATXDrives" method and store it in a DeviceReturn array. And then with all of the DeviceReturn's you will need to convert them into FATXDrive's and then you can get some of the information.

Code:
Dim Drives As New List(Of FATXDrive)()

Dim DeviceReturns As DeviceReturn() = X360.FATX.FATXManagement.GetFATXDrives(10)
For Each DeviceReturn As DeviceReturn In DeviceReturns
Drives.Add(New FATXDrive(DeviceReturn))
Next

Now, to get let's say the name of the drive, you can just do:
Code:
For Each Drive As FATXDrive In Drives.ToArray()

MessageBox.Show(Drive.DriveName)
Next

You can obviously get more information(Size) by just changing the DriveName to something else.

Now to get the files/folders out of, lets say the 2nd Partition, you can just go like this:

Code:
Dim FATXDrives As FATXDrive() = Drives.ToArray()

Dim Partitions As FATXPartition() = Drives(0).Partitions

For Each Partition As FATXPartition In Partitions
listBox2.Items.Add(Partition.PartitionName)
Next

Dim Files As FATXFileEntry() = Partitions(2).Files
Dim Folders As FATXFolderEntry() = Partitions(2).Folders

I'm not going into depth on how to make it complete with a treeview and stuff, but that should be good. Just mess around with it and hopefully you can get something going.

Top Bottom
Login
Register