Dismiss Notice
A Message from Viotek
At Viotek, we’re gamers at heart. That’s why we’re extremely excited to be teaming up with Se7enSins, a gaming community created by gamers, for gamers. Their focus? Bringing high-quality content and discussion to the industry. That’s exactly how we feel about our monitors and gaming peripherals. From making high-performing curving monitors more affordable, to breaking all rules with color-rich TN panels. In the coming weeks, we’ll be working with Se7enSins to deliver branded content, promotions and contests to their diverse, tight-knit community. For us, it’s more than a game. It’s life. Save $20 on your next purchase using the link below. Valid through May 31st. https://amzn.to/2Hxxxyx

Windows Need help with Surface Pro 4

Discussion in 'PC Support' started by stuntman24, Jun 11, 2019 with 3 replies and 117 views.

1. stuntman24

stuntman24 Newbie

Ratings:
    So I bought a surface pro 4 tablet from eBay, the guy said it had a bitlocker password and didn't know it as he bought it from an auction as well. So I did some research and people were saying to just do a clean install of windows 10 and all will be good.

Well it's not good lol. I've done that but it seems that now the bootmgr is missing or something. No warranty and Microsoft said there's a motherboard password on it so I might be screwed.

Anyone have any experience with this issue?

2. Professional

Professional Staff Staff

Ratings:
    if the surface pro has a CMOS battery then removing it should disable the bios password

3. OP
    stuntman24

stuntman24 Newbie

Ratings:
    Yeah it's supposed to but from what I've been reading it uses UEFI and that's where the password is. When I boot to try and change those settings it's asking for a password otherwise it logs me in as a simple user with no access to change anything.

4. Frank

Frank se7en *clap* sins *clap* review Staff

Ratings:
    Have you tried sanitation of the Surface Pro 4 and complete new Windows 10 OS?