What's new

Solved Need help with my display

R

Rydiz

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, Got my xbox Jtagged a few weeks ago, and i think it is awesome.
One thing though, is that a few days ago my display stopped to receive singnal from my xbox.

I use a samsung syncmaster, connected to the console using a HDMI-cable and a HDMI>DVI adapter.
At first it worked without any problem at all, but then i wanted to connect the monitor to my computer to watch some sitcoms while i was playing Wow.
Then a few houres later i reconnected the monitor to my xbox and it said "No singnal" so i thought like wtf.
So i went down to my mothers LCD and plugin in the HDMI-cable without the adapter but still no singal at all, tried the
AV-cable and it worked as normal. only thing is that i couldn't channge the resolution.

Then i tried connecting it to my stepfathers full-HD screen using HDMI and adapter and i finaly got a singnal, so i went back to my room to see what the resolution on the syncmaster was, 1280x1024, change it to that on the xbox and then reconnected it to the syncmaster.... still no singnal.

Today i sat down with my syncmaster and the full-HD screenm, connecting the xbox back and forth slowly to work my way through the different resolutions.
Suddenly i lost singal on the HD screen.

Now i'm totaly stuck, tried holding Y and RT when the xbox boots but nothing happens, tried to blindly navigate to the resolution settings but it wont give any sort of sign to work.

Please someone, help me :frown:

Kosty

Kosty

We Trippy Mane
Experienced Veteran Platinum Record Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, Got my xbox Jtagged a few weeks ago, and i think it is awesome.
One thing though, is that a few days ago my display stopped to receive singnal from my xbox.

I use a samsung syncmaster, connected to the console using a HDMI-cable and a HDMI>DVI adapter.
At first it worked without any problem at all, but then i wanted to connect the monitor to my computer to watch some sitcoms while i was playing Wow.
Then a few houres later i reconnected the monitor to my xbox and it said "No singnal" so i thought like wtf.
So i went down to my mothers LCD and plugin in the HDMI-cable without the adapter but still no singal at all, tried the
AV-cable and it worked as normal. only thing is that i couldn't channge the resolution.

Then i tried connecting it to my stepfathers full-HD screen using HDMI and adapter and i finaly got a singnal, so i went back to my room to see what the resolution on the syncmaster was, 1280x1024, change it to that on the xbox and then reconnected it to the syncmaster.... still no singnal.

Today i sat down with my syncmaster and the full-HD screenm, connecting the xbox back and forth slowly to work my way through the different resolutions.
Suddenly i lost singal on the HD screen.

Now i'm totaly stuck, tried holding Y and RT when the xbox boots but nothing happens, tried to blindly navigate to the resolution settings but it wont give any sort of sign to work.

Please someone, help me :frown:
Does the monitor work with normal stuff. It could be the splitter your using.

R

Rydiz

Reaction score
Sin$
Does the monitor work with normal stuff. It could be the splitter your using.
Ya the monitor does work normal on my computer, don't kow about the splitter since it worked on my stepfathers full-HD monitor.
It was after i tried to change the resolution it stopped working on that screen, so i'm stuck right now.
I can play on my TV with the AV-cable, but it can only run on 50hz so some games doesn't work.

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Does the console work fine with the A/V cables? I believe the console is lacking the aud_clamp, so your HDMI output signal will not work properly.

Top Bottom
Login
Register