• Thread starter Father Time
  • Start date
  • Views 2,939
Father Time

Father Time

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i have the matrix glitchers, and i have the nand x, but now i need the jtag progrming cable...

my questions is wich one do i need to buy and how is it installed?

the only instructions i saw about the jtag programing cable was how to make a home made one, i want to buy one already made But i Dont know how it is supposed to be insalled into the matrix glitcher..

the matrix glitcher has no plug in ports on it desighnes for a jtag cable.. wich sucks but since it does not i dont know how or where to even install the jtag cable..

here is a picture of the jtag programing cable i want to buy.. its a lpt one because the usb ones are 50 the lpt are only 12, and i have a desktop with a purple lpt port so...

pic link - http://www.nuhorizons.com/products/digilent/images/jtag3-top.gif

if anyone can help me understand how to install this it would help a lot, thank you

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
i have the matrix glitchers, and i have the nand x, but now i need the jtag progrming cable...

my questions is wich one do i need to buy and how is it installed?

the only instructions i saw about the jtag programing cable was how to make a home made one, i want to buy one already made But i Dont know how it is supposed to be insalled into the matrix glitcher..

the matrix glitcher has no plug in ports on it desighnes for a jtag cable.. wich sucks but since it does not i dont know how or where to even install the jtag cable..

here is a picture of the jtag programing cable i want to buy.. its a lpt one because the usb ones are 50 the lpt are only 12, and i have a desktop with a purple lpt port so...

pic link - http://www.nuhorizons.com/products/digilent/images/jtag3-top.gif

if anyone can help me understand how to install this it would help a lot, thank you

Well the matrix glitcher is ridiculous new so I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I'm pretty sure that the LPT part is separate from the matrix chip and just solders into the board itself like the original JTAG. I might be wrong though.

Father Time

Father Time

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well the matrix glitcher is ridiculous new so I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I'm pretty sure that the LPT part is separate from the matrix chip and just solders into the board itself like the original JTAG. I might be wrong though.
idk, because if that were so than where would i solder the matrix glitcher too? i thought the matrix glitcher acted as the jtag wires... :frown: it is confusing for me also. i understand hacks and mods and i always have but when new things come out i get confused because there usually limited to instructions for people who arent top qualified to understand 100% what to do...

thanks for help though

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
idk, because if that were so than where would i solder the matrix glitcher too? i thought the matrix glitcher acted as the jtag wires... :frown: it is confusing for me also. i understand hacks and mods and i always have but when new things come out i get confused because there usually limited to instructions for people who arent top qualified to understand 100% what to do...

thanks for help though

Well the way the JTAG hack is setup is like this: 3 wires with a diode that are the JTAG wires themselves, and 7 wires with resistors that go to the LPT port for dumping the nand.

I know with the reset glitch hack you still need to dump your nand, so I think the matrix glitcher acts like the JTAG wires themselves, but you still need to do the other seven for the LPT manually.

Actually I'm pretty positive of it. It goes like this:

On the original reset glitch hack (before they made mod chips for it) you had two main steps:

1)Solder in an LPT or USB connection to your computer to dump/write the nand.
2)Buy a basically blank mod chip (I think it is micro controller chip) and program it yourself, and then solder it in.

The matrix glitcher does that second step for you. It is the mod chip but it is already programmed properly. However you still need to take care of the first step your self separately from the matrix glitcher.

Is this an original or slim console?

Father Time

Father Time

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well the way the JTAG hack is setup is like this: 3 wires with a diode that are the JTAG wires themselves, and 7 wires with resistors that go to the LPT port for dumping the nand.

I know with the reset glitch hack you still need to dump your nand, so I think the matrix glitcher acts like the JTAG wires themselves, but you still need to do the other seven for the LPT manually.

Actually I'm pretty positive of it. It goes like this:

On the original reset glitch hack (before they made mod chips for it) you had two main steps:

1)Solder in an LPT or USB connection to your computer to dump/write the nand.
2)Buy a basically blank mod chip (I think it is micro controller chip) and program it yourself, and then solder it in.

The matrix glitcher does that second step for you. It is the mod chip but it is already programmed properly. However you still need to take care of the first step your self separately from the matrix glitcher.

Is this an original or slim console?

im performing mods on the slim consoles..

and if you go to this link, http://www.vgcrepairs.biz/zen_store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_68&products_id=632

than download the instructions diagram shown there... on page 12 it shows how to install a home made one, and where to install it on the points.. but it says nothing about how to install one that is NOT home made... idk why they dont mention this..

and also im not seeing anything on soldering the chip to any parts of board or soldering wires on the chip its self as shown in the Original tut with a Normal mod chip so i am assuming that this mod chip does not need to have any wires soldered to it or from it to board ...

btw: thanks for helping me i appreciate it

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
im performing mods on the slim consoles..

and if you go to this link, http://www.vgcrepairs.biz/zen_store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_68&products_id=632

than download the instructions diagram shown there... on page 12 it shows how to install a home made one, and where to install it on the points.. but it says nothing about how to install one that is NOT home made... idk why they dont mention this..

and also im not seeing anything on soldering the chip to any parts of board or soldering wires on the chip its self as shown in the Original tut with a Normal mod chip so i am assuming that this mod chip does not need to have any wires soldered to it or from it to board ...

btw: thanks for helping me i appreciate it

Of course, that's what I do. Ill take a look at it.

Father Time

Father Time

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Do they not show you how to use the matrix chip in the tutorial section of the website?
http://infinitymod.com/download.html
the tut download link does tell me what to do, but as i said they only show how to use and make a home made jtag cable.. they do not tell you how to use the pre-made normal jtag wire...

thats my problem right now..

thanks

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh ok I see now. Your not talking about dumping your nand, your talking about the step on page 12 with the LPT diagram.

Apparently it says you need a XilinX JTAG programmer cable. Though it looks like nothing more than a preambled LPT cable that is also used on the JTAG hack. Like it shows you can make one yourself which is really easy.

However you did find the cable that you linked a picture to which is a pre-assembled one. The reason you can't plug it in is because it has no plug in area and was not designed to have somthing plugged into it. You solder the cable to the circle contacts on the side in the picture:

example.png

So if you do buy the cable you have to strip of the end of it and solder the corresponding wires to the corresponding points. no have no other choice (except for soldering wires from the cable end to the contacts instead).

Father Time

Father Time

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh ok I see now. Your not talking about dumping your nand, your talking about the step on page 12 with the LPT diagram.

Apparently it says you need a XilinX JTAG programmer cable. Though it looks like nothing more than a preambled LPT cable that is also used on the JTAG hack. Like it shows you can make one yourself which is really easy.

However you did find the cable that you linked a picture to which is a pre-assembled one. The reason you can't plug it in is because it has no plug in area and was not designed to have somthing plugged into it. You solder the cable to the circle contacts on the side in the picture:

example.png

So if you do buy the cable you have to strip of the end of it and solder the corresponding wires to the corresponding points.
i think i get it, but if i strip the wire how will i know what wire is what to go to what point since i cant see where its coming from the lpt?

and yes im not talking about the nand i know how to do this part

and do you think i should buy the wire or make one myself?

i was going to make one but in the diagram showing how to make one i dont know what kind of wires there talking about, if it is resistors or diodes or what kind of each... and i also dont know where to buy a male lpt just alone by its self...

and how do i +rep you, i would like to...

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
i think i get it, but if i strip the wire how will i know what wire is what to go to what point since i cant see where its coming from the lpt?

i was going to make one but in the diagram showing how to make one i dont know what kind of wires there talking about, if it is resistors or diodes or what kind of each... and i also dont know where to buy a male lpt just alone by its self...

Either way would work fine. If you stip it you will just have to keep track of which wire came from with label (in fact the wires should be colored which would help, compare the wire color from the stem it came from).

Or if you make one you can get all of the parts from radio shack (it's where I get the stuff for when I do JTAG hacks).

It is simply standard electrical wire and:

The LPT plug: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103239
The LPT plug cover (or the non metalized one): http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102869
(3) 1N914/4148-Type Diodes: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062576&filterName=Type&filterValue=Diodes
(4) 3K3 Resistors: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062326
220 Ohm Resistor: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062340&numProdsPerPage=60

And then you just solder it like the diagram.

Also rep is the green plus in the lower right corner of every post.

majik655

majik655

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

You can +rep him down bottom right corner of his post...hit the + sign

And you can get or really make a male lpt connector from a place like radio shack (hopefully you have one) basically you buy a lpt connector with pins in the package.. and you insert the pins into the lpt connector as you want...so basically you can make a 7 pin lpt connector (for previous jtags)
looks like this...
making a lpt connector

Father Time

Father Time

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
alright guys, thanks so much for all the help.

consider this question answered i know exactly what to do now, thanks for all help and support..

cya
:wink:

Top Bottom
Login
Register