What's new

Solved Need Help with jtag dvd drive

O

OGMxHOST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
so i have this jtag and you khow how the dvd drive has that black plug in the motherboard and if you take the tip of the black piece to pwoer it, it will show them metal pieces? so i had it not on there and so i kept the drive off and i got a bunch of xbox 360 parts sence i sell them and repair them and so i got a bunch of the dvd drive pieces so i can i take the power cable from the left and plug it in the drive just to boot xell and then take it out after i get my cpu key or will it short serket the motherboard?

just needa get the cpu to update dash :smile:

wuld luve help

Mocking Da Bird

Mocking Da Bird

Guys Below Me Suck
Retired
AzzidReign Jr Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
What? Your grammar is a bit obscure. I will try to revise:

You want to take the DVD drive out, try to boot into XeLL, and get to your CPU key? If so, then you can, but you have to flash a whole new freeboot image and xell image. You can just get your CPU key from your updflash.bin or nand.bin.

O

OGMxHOST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What? Your grammar is a bit obscure. I will try to revise:

You want to take the DVD drive out, try to boot into XeLL, and get to your CPU key? If so, then you can, but you have to flash a whole new freeboot image and xell image. You can just get your CPU key from your updflash.bin or nand.bin.

wait i can get my cpu key from my nand image how?

Astro

The Black Hand

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You don't need the DVD drive in, you can just press the farthest left blue button(the one that opens the drive) and the box will boot into Xellous, if that is what you have.

O

OGMxHOST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You don't need the DVD drive in, you can just press the farthest left blue button(the one that opens the drive) and the box will boot into Xellous, if that is what you have.

ya i do that and my jtag dont boot xell it just gos to dashboard

Astro

The Black Hand

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Try powering on from a wired controller connected from the USB port in the back. If that does not work, I would question whether or not it was really jtag'd.

O

OGMxHOST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Try powering on from a wired controller connected from the USB port in the back. If that does not work, I would question whether or not it was really jtag'd.

i wanna boot xell not turn the jtag on. the jtag works great i can do xp lobies but cant get xelll booted

aand xell worked before and it wouldnt boot dashboard so i dumped the nand in the jtag and it then wont boot xell just dash and ect.

Top Bottom
Login
Register