What's new

need help with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error!

• Thread starter DoX Hoster
  • Start date
  • Views 393
DoX Hoster

DoX Hoster

Wisdom is Knowledge Knowledge is Power
Programmer 10th Anniversary Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
so recently i installed something i did not mean to and hard drive crashed on me so i went to reinstall windows on it and when it reboots to finish installing i get the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error! i even went and got a new 320gb internal drive and tried to instal windows on it and get same error and do not no any fix for this or why it is happening any help would be much appreciated

Bear

Bear

Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Try cleaning your registry with a tool like CCleaner.

DoX Hoster

DoX Hoster

Reaction score
Sin$
Try cleaning your registry with a tool like CCleaner.
but how i was installing windows on a new 320gb internal drive and it went to restart the laptop to finish and gives that message

Bear

Bear

Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
but how i was installing windows on a new 320gb internal drive and it went to restart the laptop to finish and gives that message
Try this.

1. Restart your computer.

2. Press F8 at the character-based menu that displays the operating system choices.

3. Select the Last Known Good Configuration option from the Windows Advanced Options menu. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time.

DoX Hoster

DoX Hoster

Reaction score
Sin$
Try this.

1. Restart your computer.

2. Press F8 at the character-based menu that displays the operating system choices.

3. Select the Last Known Good Configuration option from the Windows Advanced Options menu. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time.
F8 does nothing for me im on a Acer laptop F2 usually gets me into my windows bios if that is what you are talking about

XeChris

XeChris

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
so recently i installed something i did not mean to and hard drive crashed on me so i went to reinstall windows on it and when it reboots to finish installing i get the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error! i even went and got a new 320gb internal drive and tried to instal windows on it and get same error and do not no any fix for this or why it is happening any help would be much appreciated
If you bought a new drive and it still doesn't work, your RAM is at fault.

DoX Hoster

DoX Hoster

Reaction score
Sin$
if it is the ram how would i go about fixing that? it all started when malwarebytes ran a scan in the backround quarantined some things in my windows32 folder and restarted and gave me the error message so i thought it was my hard drive went got a new one same thing.

DoX Hoster

DoX Hoster

Reaction score
Sin$
Then use F2.
i finally got it fixed after a lot of trial and error but i got it, it what i did was followed the steps like i was going to install windows again on the disc drive, and after it install half of windows on it and went to restart to finish it gave the error again so what i did was i booted up the laptop from the disc again went to repair windows this time and then went to reset pc and it took about 3 hours for it to reset the pc but when it did it finished installing windows correctly.

Top Bottom
Login
Register