Need Help with Data Recovery

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by ksinitro, Jan 9, 2009 with 2 replies and 251 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ksinitro

ksinitro Newbie

Ratings:
    My friend has just got a Hard Drive for his 360 & decided to to transfer all of his data from his memory card to his new hard drive, The only thing he forgot to do is his Gamer Profile. He then deleted his memory card. He is not connected to Xbox Live & does not have a gamer tag, So i cant just recover it for him.
    I am able to connect his momery card to my laptop and get access to it, but none of the file recovery programs i have reconise the file format for the main stuff, such as the profile. they only find the MP3's and videos on there..
    Please help me.. I need to know:-
    1: What format the xbox saves to the memory card.
    2: Is there a program i can get to recover this format.

Thank you guys!!

2. OvErDr1vEz

OvErDr1vEz Newbie

Ratings:
    Well, im not 100% sure, but i think the format is NTFS.

Your best bet, would be to look online for any type of data loss recovery application, and see if it works for NTFS, and even if it doesnt, try it anyways. Also, if youcan get into the memory card through my computer, go into tools > Folder Options > "View" tab > Display contents of system folders and/or check the box "show hidden file and folders"

Hope that helps.

3. OP
    ksinitro

ksinitro Newbie

Ratings:
    I have found out that they are in RAW data format. But when i populate the drive it comes back with zero data.. arrhhh.. Stupid f..ing Microsoft..

If i find a answer i will write a TUT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.