• Thread starter Hotsince86
  • Start date
  • Views 185
H

Hotsince86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all!

I need some help with finding decent cooling parts for my rig. I did some modifications to my original build, so instead of going with the quiet Define R4 - I went with the Cosmos II because it has more space. I also bought water cooling system to keep the CPU & GPU temperatures (AND the fan noises) as low as possible. Obviously I will attempt on over clocking both GPU's and the CPU and hopefully I will get great results.

Before my GPU's will arrive (sometime next week) I would like to order decent cooling parts for my GPU's. I heard that EK had decent parts for cooling GPU's but I don't know what to buy or what parts I need to have.. Reason for EK is that they are located in EU, so I don't need to pay any extra taxes! So if you could help me with finding the necessary parts for my GPU cooling I would appreciate it!

Second thing where I need help is with the fans. I was thinking of placing my fans followingly:

2x140mm radiator fans on the ceiling of the pc (pulling air)
2x140mm front fans (pulling air)
1x140 exhaust fan (pushing air)
1xPSU fan (pushing air)

Is this enough for clean air flow? I wanted slightly positive air pressure so that I could avoid dust as much as possible..

Looking forward to hear from you Wizards!!

Br, Hotsince86

Last edited:
M

Mysterion

Getting There
Reaction score
Top fans blow out of the case, exhaust blow out of the case, front fans bring air in, and a side fan (if possible) bring air in.

I don't really know what to suggest the GPU.

S

Selena Gomez

Twitch.tv/kingsintv
Retired
Reaction score
Top fans blow out of the case, exhaust blow out of the case, front fans bring air in, and a side fan (if possible) bring air in.

I don't really know what to suggest the GPU.

Top fan doesn't have to be exhaust. Depending on how good the rear fan is you can have just one exhaust fan. For my build my top is intake since i've got my Corsair H100i radiator on top.

M

Mysterion

Getting There
Reaction score
Top fan doesn't have to be exhaust. Depending on how good the rear fan is you can have just one exhaust fan. For my build my top is intake since i've got my Corsair H100i radiator on top.
Ok.

D

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
Reaction score
I would also recommend getting some demciflex fan filters to reduce dust entering.

Just saying, but even if you have positive air pressure it wont stop dust. Dust builds up regardless, just at a slower rate.

H

Hotsince86

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bought Gentle Typhoon 120mm, 1850rpm to be my exhaust fan

Top Bottom