need help with changing a game variant

Discussion in 'Halo 3 & Halo 3: ODST' started by Tombstoned, Feb 23, 2009 with 3 replies and 333 views.

1. Tombstoned

Tombstoned Newbie

Ratings:
    i'm trying to modify an assault gametype but everytime i try to play it on custom games it ends the game instantly. i'm not sure what exactly needs to be done so that it'll work. i'm not sure if its the map or the settings of the gametype itself.

2. F4x

F4x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Weird. Maybe have a friend go in the game with you and test it out. You did put spawn points and bomb placement things everywhere correct?

I'll be on in a couple minutes so just send me a message and I can try to help. I'll be on my boosting account, TDD Forever.

3. Genetic Paradox

Genetic Paradox Getting There

Ratings:
    1. Are you the only one going into the game? If so, the game may end immediately because it thinks there is no opponent, making you win.

2. Are you trying to play in a L!ve lobby and your connection is being slow/gay?
    If so, then try to improve your router.

3. You disk may be/have scratched/divided by zero. Buy a new one or go to Blockbuster and swap games (like me).

4. Unknown. Draw a pentagram, put the disk in the middle of it, sell your soul for a new one.

4. OP
    Tombstoned

Tombstoned Newbie

Ratings:
    yes i put respawn points and starting points as well, i also placed the bomb spawn/plant points. the only thing i didnt mess with was the respawn area thing.

i also tried going in with a friend and it ended instantly. i changed gametypes and it worked fine. changed maps and went back to my modified gametype and same result, instant game over.

i'm not exactly in a rush seeing as the map is getting an overhaul for budget/aesthetic purposes. but once completed it'll be an enjoyable mini game.

my gt is SWAT Bulldozer

so if anyone has any kind of spare time on theyre hands i'd love some help please.

thx

p.s.

how about a tut for nubbins who dont know how to get screenshots to show!:thumbup:

this way when i post maps people wont ignore them:w00t: