Solved Need help with Ace V3 in a Falcon

• Thread starter allewii
  • Start date
  • Views 5,714
A

allewii

Reaction score
Sin$
Need help to find a diagram on how to install my ace V3 in my Falcon and is the chip pre-progammed for the falcon? Or need i to time it and need diagram for that too.

Thanks!

A

allewii

Reaction score
Sin$
TheWeekendModder

TheWeekendModder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
A few points:

1. The Ace V3 in phats is in my opinion and I've had others confirm not their preferred method. I've gotten successful boots - but generally the Ace V3 in phats is more difficult to setup than a standard RGH 1.2 install using a Matrix V1 or CoolRunner Rev C
  2. You need one of these to program glitch chips using your nandx:
    PjDlexQ.png

3. Yes, the resistor is a must. Without it you are likely to blow the CPU

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Like mentioned above I would save the ace for a slim. Look for a coolrunner rev c or matrix v1 for your falcon. Yeah it's possible...but the guy who came up with rgh1.2 (15432) even said not to use Ace's .

Snowy

Snowy

Let it snow
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
A few points:

1. The Ace V3 in phats is in my opinion and I've had others confirm not their preferred method. I've gotten successful boots - but generally the Ace V3 in phats is more difficult to setup than a standard RGH 1.2 install using a Matrix V1 or CoolRunner Rev C
    PjDlexQ.png

Like mentioned above I would save the ace for a slim. Look for a coolrunner rev c or matrix v1 for your falcon. Yeah it's possible...but the guy who came up with rgh1.2 (15432) even said not to use Ace's .
Just to add to the above, the positives to having an Ace is the support for the Dynamic timing file, and if it is a Xenon you need the Ace, but as it’s a falcon I don’t really know why I mentioned them, guess I’m kinda struggling for postives ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

Oh and it’s cheaper by like a dollar but oh well.

A

allewii

Reaction score
Sin$
A few points:

PjDlexQ.png

Thank you!
I just bought a coolrunner and that cable and pin headers so now it should be easy!

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I could see the benefit of dynamic timING if we didn't have the stability of rgh 1.2 and had a large variance of timings required to get them booting . I just use 1 file ( 21). That file Insta-boots like 99 percent of all the consoles I've done anyways .

Top Bottom
Login
Register