What's new

Unsolved Need help! (Which motherboard?)

J

Joker

Arkham Asylum
Reaction score
Hello sinners, I have started building my first PC (For gaming mainly) Here is what I have so far, As far as the actual PC goes:

Case: NZXT S340 Elite (Black) (This was delivered and it looked like someone jumped on it a few times it was badly damaged lol)
CPU: Intel Core I7 8700k
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 RGB
Cooling: Nothing yet, Case has some crappy fans included (more than likely some overkill RGB fans)
Ram: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB
PSU: Corsair 650 80+ Gold
Storage: WD Blue 250GB M.2
Motherboard: ASUS LGA 1151 STRIX Z270E GAMING Intel Z270 ATX (This is what I need help with)

Then for peripherals:

Mouse: Logitech G502, MX Master
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma v2
Audio: Razer Man O' War
Monitor(s): Acer Predator 35" Curved Ultra Wide (Main display, is on its way) and 2 LG 25" ultra wides

So which board should I go for? I am kind of edging towards the LGA 1151 but let me know what you think!

Thanks for looking!

- J o k e r

H

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
Z270 boards are not compatible with thr 8th gen intel cpu. You need a z370 board for the 8700k

T

theroach

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Depending on the ram speed you want, the Gigabyte Aorus, Asus series or one of the MSI boards. They have multiple versions that meet many requirements. The main thing to look for is connections and ram speed. Like mentioned above, you need a Z370 chipset to run the 8700k. I will also just throw out that a 650 PSU might not be enough to handle what you are wanting. You mentioned RGB quite a few times, and if you're running a demanding GPU mixed with multiple drives and everything else, you will probably be best going above the 750 range.

Top Bottom