What's new

Unsolved Need help to Un-Jailbreak PS3

A

ALTIR26

Reaction score
I know you all just threw up in your mouths a little from reading the title of this thread but sadly yes I do need some help Unjailbreaking my PS3. The reason for doing so is my own. I have done a full format, attempted to install the latest patch from PlayStation but I either get a "data corrupted" from doing an update via storage device or no applicable data found when doing it in safe mode. It wont let me update via network and I followed many of the instructions that i found on another thread but unfortunately I came up empty. I have used multiple USB devices and all were formatted correctly. Please help if you have any ideas i could try.

A

ALTIR26

Reaction score
I have already tried that. Please read through the post before replying.

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have already tried that. Please read through the post before replying.

Instead of safe mode, do it in XMB. And double check if the file path is correct.

USB root/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP all capital letters. PUP is a file extension name, if it doesn't show that means file extension names are turned off.

A

ALTIR26

Reaction score
Instead of safe mode, do it in XMB. And double check if the file path is correct.

USB root/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP all capital letters. PUP is a file extension name, if it doesn't show that means file extension names are turned off.
I just tells me that the file is corrupted each time and they file path is correct and i have redownloaded multiple times to make sure it is not corrupted. I think that the rebug software is somehow keeping the system from letting me update it.

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just tells me that the file is corrupted each time and they file path is correct and i have redownloaded multiple times to make sure it is not corrupted. I think that the rebug software is somehow keeping the system from letting me update it.

Probably something is turned on in rebug toolbox that prevents installing OFW.

A

ALTIR26

Reaction score
Any idea which setting I could try?

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UNINSTALL:
From XMB REBUG 4.21.x AND HIGHER can be uninstalled with the same or higher firmware version OFW/CFW/MFW or with REBUG 3.55.x REX EDITION on a QA enabled PS3 or with the ‘999’ DOWNGRADER if QA was NOT enabled.

so you need to enable QA. rebug toolbox/utilities>toggle QA flag.

Top Bottom