• Thread starter OoMeanwelloO
  • Start date
  • Views 376
OoMeanwelloO

OoMeanwelloO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hey guy can anyone help me every time i do the avatar update it keeps stopping and saying it cant complete anyone know why

Nokia

Nokia

[nokia@se7ensins ~]$
Lifetime
Beginning of An Odyssey Stickied Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
Try this:
Step 1
Download the USB system update from here (remember to check that the system update you download matches your JTAG/RGH kernel version - go to System Settings>Console Settings>System Info and read where it says Dashboard: 2.0.XXXXX.0, where X = your console's current dashboard/kernel version).

Step 2

Extract the $systemupdate folder from the archive with 7-Zip or similar and rename it to $$ystemUpdate.

Step 3

Transfer the $$ystemUpdate folder (the one you renamed in Step 2) to the root of a FAT32-formatted USB stick (I recommend 512MB+).

Step 4
Connect your USB stick to your console, power it on and accept the update when prompted.

There are different messages shown based on what the system update is going to install.

If you see this:

1pw67s.jpg

Do NOT accept the update because this is telling you that the system is going to attempt a complete update which updates bootloaders and it will also burn eFUSEs.

If you see this:
1z143a1.jpg

It is fine to proceed with the update.
This is the system telling you that additional components are missing (Avatars).
The console will reboot once the update has installed successfully and you should now see Avatars and have your avatar data installed :smile:

Nokia

Nokia

[nokia@se7ensins ~]$
Lifetime
Beginning of An Odyssey Stickied Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
i tryed that before and didnt work
As in it never showed up? If that's the case you need to make sure that your renamed the update folder to $$ystemUpdate otherwise it will not show up. If it did show up but failed before it was done try clearing your system cache.

Top Bottom
Login
Register