What's new

Unsolved Need help swapping xbox 360 data

J

Josh380

Reaction score
So I just got a new 1 TB hard drive for my xbox 360 fat. I put it in the case, successfully formatted the drive through the xbox dashboard. Yes, my console is rgh'd.

I made a backup of my old 120gb original xbox drive with xport360. Now I'd like to restore the backup to my new xbox360 formatted 1tb drive but xport 360 doesn't see the drive. When I plug in the original drive, it sees it right away.

What am I doing wrong?

J

Josh380

Reaction score
I also downloaded Party Buffalo, which pretty much looks the same as xport360. I was able to get Party Buffalo to see the drive, but when I tried to restore my backup, it gave me a warning about mismatched drives and possibility of errors when running on the console. I tried it anyway, but the process failed.

How do I get my old data onto the new drive?

A

Atlas

Local Rivethead
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
I also downloaded Party Buffalo, which pretty much looks the same as xport360. I was able to get Party Buffalo to see the drive, but when I tried to restore my backup, it gave me a warning about mismatched drives and possibility of errors when running on the console. I tried it anyway, but the process failed.

How do I get my old data onto the new drive?
Are you able to view all of your files from the 120GB HDD? If so, I would say just drag and drop them into the HDD using Party Buffalo rather than use any set backup process.

J

Josh380

Reaction score
Not quite following you here. There is no copy and paste ability. I thought about using the console to transfer the data. Not quite working out.

I have, however, found and am currently utilizing the extract feature. As long as PB sees the new drive I should be able to drag and drop then....hope I'm on the right track here

Last edited:
A

Atlas

Local Rivethead
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Not quite following you here. There is no copy and paste ability. I thought about using the console to transfer the data. Not quite working out.

I have, however, found and am currently utilizing the extract feature. As long as PB sees the new drive I should be able to drag and drop then....hope I'm on the right track here
If Part Buffalo sees the new drive you should be able to go to HDD1/ and then right click to "Inject" a folder there. That is where you can put Content Games Emulators etc. You'll probably have to do each big folder one at a time, but overall no biggie.

J

Josh380

Reaction score
UPDATE:

I've taken the xport360 device out of the loop. I seem to be getting spotty results with it.

I'm using a USB 3.0 drive interface instead. I'm attempting a restore to the original drive as we speak, for testing purposes and to hopefully fix anything that transferring from the xbox dashboard mixed up.

Assuming that works, I should be able to do the same to the new drive.
Post automatically merged:

If Part Buffalo sees the new drive you should be able to go to HDD1/ and then right click to "Inject" a folder there. That is where you can put Content Games Emulators etc. You'll probably have to do each big folder one at a time, but overall no biggie.
So basically extracting is the "copy" and injecting is the "paste"?

So far restore is slowly doing it's thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom