• Start date
  • Views 670
MnstrAddict

MnstrAddict

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
What I'm basically trying to do is bypass the aux jack on the headset adapter and just solder my headset directly to the board. I want to do it this way, I don't want to put a new plug on my headset.
Below is a link to the pictures of what I'm working with (ignore the last two lol, I just couldn't figure out how to get one pic up), and which points I soldered what to.

"http://s1159.photobucket.com/user/chris_snyder5/media/IMG_0476_zps6beiujyj.jpg.html

I found tutorials for an older style adapter but not the one I have.
After I was done I can barely hear the audio with the volume maxed out, I know the mic is working because I went to record a voice message and it showed the sound waves for what it said but I couldn't hear it when I tried playing it back. And it only works if an aux cord is plugged in

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Adapter model is: 1626
Headset is: just a plain ol microsoft brand stereo headset, I can't find info on it and the box is long gone

Last edited:
MnstrAddict

MnstrAddict

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there anyone out there that can help? I haven't touched the project since I posted this, I just want a little more direction, like what exactly each wire is from my headset and what each prong is on the adapter, educated guesses will probably give me the umph to get back on this.
But probably my biggest question is, why is the sound coming through so quiet and muffled, I had the wires soldered pretty good to the connectors

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I can't see the picture you uploaded. I would recommend uploading to Imgur and also depending on the headphones that could result in the quiet muffled sound.

DeathRGH

DeathRGH

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sin$
What I'm basically trying to do is bypass the aux jack on the headset adapter and just solder my headset directly to the board. I want to do it this way, I don't want to put a new plug on my headset.
Below is a link to the pictures of what I'm working with (ignore the last two lol, I just couldn't figure out how to get one pic up), and which points I soldered what to.

"http://s1159.photobucket.com/user/chris_snyder5/media/IMG_0476_zps6beiujyj.jpg.html

I found tutorials for an older style adapter but not the one I have.
After I was done I can barely hear the audio with the volume maxed out, I know the mic is working because I went to record a voice message and it showed the sound waves for what it said but I couldn't hear it when I tried playing it back. And it only works if an aux cord is plugged in

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Adapter model is: 1626
Headset is: just a plain ol microsoft brand stereo headset, I can't find info on it and the box is long gone
If you are able to re-upload a picture or video i might be able to help you...i accidently ripped off my standard headset's cabel like a year ago and i soldered it back on...
I'm looking for the pictures now, i will update my post when i found them!

MnstrAddict

MnstrAddict

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I will have fixed links later today, I have no data left on my phone, and no wifi because the girlfriend took that when she left me, so I'll get em up asap

DeathRGH

DeathRGH

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sin$
I will have fixed links later today, I have no data left on my phone, and no wifi because the girlfriend took that when she left me, so I'll get em up asap
lol okay, take your time 
So, actually found it already:
e09c5c215f8ee941a32ed4efff52d4e7.jpg

I have no idea what adapter you have but it cant be to diffrent from that one...
2055d7ee286aa3e3de40bce99840f379.png

fb7557dbeb599a9761f4e507fa704e50.jpg

Last edited:
MnstrAddict

MnstrAddict

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I wish my wires were soldered like that, I would have no problem testing out what wire does what, pictures coming in a few

DeathRGH

DeathRGH

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sin$
I wish my wires were soldered like that, I would have no problem testing out what wire does what, pictures coming in a few
The thing is, im electrician... for my standards it doesn't look great but its smd sized components and i only have a really big soldering iron at home.

MnstrAddict

MnstrAddict

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I uploaded the pics on Imgur now

The top pic is of the 2 pieces inside the chat adapter
The second pic is the underside of the piece that has the aux jack
The third pic is how I thought everything was supposed to be, but I was wrong

MnstrAddict

MnstrAddict

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I really don't know if the points I labeled on the aux jack are correct, I based those on looking inside the jack and trying to figure out which was which. And the one time I had the wires on it, the headset only gave me sound of a aux cord was plugged in

DeathRGH

DeathRGH

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sin$
I really don't know if the points I labeled on the aux jack are correct, I based those on looking inside the jack and trying to figure out which was which. And the one time I had the wires on it, the headset only gave me sound of a aux cord was plugged in
aa83f70a5175d4a9a70134db5a3f5b4d.png

https://i.gyazo.com/aa83f70a5175d4a9a70134db5a3f5b4d.png

You should try and figure out which of these soldering points are for what connection. I wish I could come over and help :tongue:
Anyways, try to de-solder the whole jack and solder your headset directly to the board as you emntioned in the op.
What I'm basically trying to do is bypass the aux jack on the headset adapter and just solder my headset directly to the board.

MnstrAddict

MnstrAddict

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Idk how to figure out what point is what other than touch wires to it, unless I disassemble that aux port

I was thinking of soldering it to those points on the bottom, but the more I think about it, I think I will do what you said and desolder the aux jack and put it straight on there, and if the headset breaks, I can cut the cord and throw an aux jack on there lol

MnstrAddict

MnstrAddict

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Theaux jack is soldered on with 6 points and I only have 4 on the wire, do I need to split a couple wires, or ignore points?

I'm about to get my hands dirty, I'll report back with results of the disassembly

DeathRGH

DeathRGH

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sin$
Theaux jack is soldered on with 6 points and I only have 4 on the wire, do I need to split a couple wires, or ignore points?

I'm about to get my hands dirty, I'll report back with results of the disassembly
I guess 2 points are there to stabalize the whole thingy...

MnstrAddict

MnstrAddict

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I keep referencing that picture that labels the plug and jack, why the heck are the gnd and aux swapped

MnstrAddict

MnstrAddict

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, well I just disassembled the jack while leaving all the metal contacts connected, and the diagram I drew up before is correct, except there are three solder points for Right

Would it be ok to solder straight to the points that I left? It would make it easier for a beginner in the art of soldering
Pic will be below

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register