need help skinning

Discussion in 'Halo 2 Mod Help' started by Mike_kingston, Dec 22, 2008 with 10 replies and 334 views.

1. Mike_kingston

Mike_kingston Enthusiast

Ratings:
    1. Every time i try to open a program like entity or prophet, it shows an error that my ip adress is interfearing or something...2. when i go to a bitmap file no matter what program it says not found, but i can change other stuff. like when i click on warthog_full it says .shared not foundPlease help!!!! i would like it very much.

2. xXMockeyXx

xXMockeyXx Getting There

Ratings:
    I don't know how to fix your first problem... But for setting the external maps (sp_shared, mainmenu, shared.map)- Open your map. Click on Map Tools above the list of tags. Select 'Set external maps'. Locate all of your maps (sp_shared, mainmenu, shared.map)... Now, you should be able to click on the Warthog's bitmap and internalize it for skinning:thumbup:

3. OP
    Mike_kingston

Mike_kingston Enthusiast

Ratings:
    does it matter the program i use?

i tryed it on dothalo and entity, i saw no option for that

4. xXMockeyXx

xXMockeyXx Getting There

Ratings:
    I use Entity because I find it very easy to use, and it always works.One you have your external map paths set, just click on the bitmap you want to skin. Look in the bottom right hand corner, if it says anything other than "external", press the +Raw Data Editor>Internalize bitmap.
    Then, you simply click the +Raw Data Editor in the top(again), and select save bitmap. Name it whatever you want to.
    *Take note of the format in the bottom right hand corner (DXT 1, DXT 2AND3, or DXT4AND5)
    Now, edit only the background in photo-shop, or any photo editor that supports a .dds.
    Save it as the same format in Entity(DXT 1, DXT 2AND3, or DXT4AND5), make sure the option you selected includes Alpha and is a ARGB save.
    Click on the bitmap you saved/internalized, and go to the +Raw Data editor once more, and select Inject bitmap.
    You are done :thumbup:. If you need any help, send me an AIM.

5. OP
    Mike_kingston

Mike_kingston Enthusiast

Ratings:
    dude... i see no 'set external maps' option to use, might i be using an out of date entity?

6. xXMockeyXx

xXMockeyXx Getting There

Ratings:
    [​IMG]
    Open up one of your External Maps.(Single_Player_shared,Shared, or mainmenu)

[​IMG]
    Click Map Tools>Set External Map Paths :thumbup:
    (Locate the maps that are asked for)

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    Mike_kingston

Mike_kingston Enthusiast

Ratings:
    thank you sooo much... i just would like 1 more thing if you could..i need the link to the entity you are using.. mines not like yours..

8. xXMockeyXx

xXMockeyXx Getting There

Ratings:
    Go to the Halo 2 Modding Programs section, and look for Entity 1.3.9

It should be there but the link takes you to another, where you have to register to download... sorry I would but it is spam<_<

9. monster is pro

monster is pro Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hey guys i need the maps for skinning........ These Shared.map Shared_Single_Player and the Main_Menu

10. Scare Croe

Scare Croe Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Get em off your Disk.:thumbup:

11. GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3 Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Use the newest version of entity.

Entity 2.1 by Troy something (sorry)

It's less buggy and try to download an updated plugin pack.