What's new

Solved Need help renaming Xbox 360 Arcade and GOD titles...

• Thread starter agt dale cooper
  • Start date
  • Views 4,689
A

agt dale cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, when you open a certain new game with ISO2GOD, it gives it's name as "Playing Single Player in {c2}" [begin rant about poor developer programming here.....]

Most folks know that you can change this name in ISO2GOD by just typing whatever you want over the top of it....say "Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3", for example.

I'm fine with doing this for new ISO2GOD titles, but I can't easily rename existing GOD containers.

See http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=706666&st=0 post #14 for methodology I'm using.
I understand it all (familiar with changing original Xbox titles from back in the day), it just doesn't seem to work. I'm using XVI32 for hexing and HashMyFiles for the SHA-1. I copy the SHA-1 to a text file, manually insert spaces between every two characters to 'convert' it to 'hex', and paste/overwrite the data at 32C, left hand pane.

[Devs, great feature add for either JTAG Content Manager or other weapon of choice....]

I've tried changing "Modern Warfare 2" to the more proper "Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2", but NXE can't see it anymore. I know that FSD can change titles, but that's only within FSD....I want to do this in NXE.

Anybody have luck doing this ever? Hints, suggestions, even a quick and dirty app? Thanks for any help or insight....

A

agt dale cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems I've answered my own question....there was something amiss with my "Modern Warfare 2" install. Deleted it, and am re-ripping down to HDD off original disc as we speak. Will try it again once I get that sorted.

I DID get this methodology to work with "WRC 2 - FIA World Rally Championship".....the first one (E only, but JTAG plays it with proper ini treatment in DashLaunch..) is called "WRC 2010" in NXE, but new one shows as "WRC 2". So, I changed "WRC 2" to "WRC 2011", and it works fine AND (more importantly) is in proper alphabetical order in the stack :smile:

More JTAG bliss.....now all we need is an app that makes this process simpler :smile:

R

RoOSTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you please elaborate rather than just saying you've fixed it? I've got the same issue...

A

agt dale cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was actually able to find "Post 14" using Internet Archive Wayback Machine, posting text "http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=706666" to it, referring to earliest non-404 capture.

Pasted, hoping 7S forums don't get inexplicably/unrepairably frelled like original X-S forums have.
[God, what a horrific loss of information...I'd pay to have it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

"To rename the game in the dashboard:
I will be using Mass Effect 2 - Disc 2 LIVE file renamed to 454108CE2
1. Open 454108CE2 in a hex editor (I used WinHex).
2. Go to offset 0x412, you will see the current name of the game.
3. Change the name: I changed it to "Mass Effect 2 - Disc 2" with hex:
CODE
4D 00 61 00 73 00 73 00 20 00 45 00 66 00 66 00 65 00 63 00 74 00 20 00 32 00 20 00 2D 00 20 00 44 00 69 00 73 00 63 00 20 00 32
Starting at offset 0x412. Spaces are represented by 00 20 00 in hex and each letter of a word must be seperated by 00 in hex.
4. Repeat the procedure at offset 0x1692.
5. Go to 0x344 and select the rest of the file from this offset.
6. Compute the SHA-1 hash of this block and copy it.
7. Write at offset 0x32C with ASCII Hex. It should replace the old data.
8. Save and Transfer.
Thanks to krizalid for information on computing/writing hash."

If you know what you're doing, you'll be able to figure this out.
If not, I'll post more detailed instrux tomorrow....busy watching "The Terminator", after I scraped up the 5-disc BR box at my local Fry's for $10 earlier this week :smile:

If you don't understand hex / SHA1 calculator, you're best off just remaking your GOD package with ISO2GOD from original ISO and renaming on the fly.

Note this only works for GOD titles.
Renaming XBLA titles (developers should be ASHAMED of themselves, in most cases!) is a whole different matter entirely, which I haven't gotten all the way through.
I can extract/rename, but cannot properly recompile.
Perhaps I'll hijack my own thread and make it into something useful for this Community.
Refreshing to see that my original post generated some interest :smile:
Thanks!

[Again, I'd like to see all this functionality worked into JTAG Content Manager or equivalent....]

Top Bottom