• Start date
  • Views 1,542
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DanielMyst777

Wakka Wakka
Reaction score
I want to modify the PC common.ff to add in mods that are in mod folders as .gsc files, but everytime I try to open and modify the PC common.ff, FF viewer (2.15-2.65) tells me it can't unhash the .FF file to open it. How do I modify/create a common.ff for PC with mod files from mod menus that are not in PC common.ff format?

P.S. Do I have to include the /weapons folder in the .ff if the mod menu does not contain the weapons folder in .gsc form?

Thanks.

Z

Zero Beat

Contributor
Reaction score
I want to modify the PC common.ff to add in mods that are in mod folders as .gsc files, but everytime I try to open and modify the PC common.ff, FF viewer (2.15-2.65) tells me it can't unhash the .FF file to open it. How do I modify/create a common.ff for PC with mod files from mod menus that are not in PC common.ff format?

P.S. Do I have to include the /weapons folder in the .ff if the mod menu does not contain the weapons folder in .gsc form?

Thanks.
i have 2.65 and it lets me open PC common's

this is a stab in the dark but maybe its your computer?

D

DanielMyst777

Wakka Wakka
Reaction score
I'm more inclined to think it may have something to do with the FF.config file. It asks for it after it gives me the error of not being able to open the PC common.ff

I just have the plain ol' 2.65. I know there are modified ff viewers out there such as BuC's that do and open more things with files but I'm not sure if that's what I need.

Z

Zero Beat

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm more inclined to think it may have something to do with the FF.config file. It asks for it after it gives me the error of not being able to open the PC common.ff

I just have the plain ol' 2.65. I know there are modified ff viewers out there such as BuC's that do and open more things with files but I'm not sure if that's what I need.
i could send you the one i have if you want

D

DanielMyst777

Wakka Wakka
Reaction score
That would be awesome. Could you please?

D

DanielMyst777

Wakka Wakka
Reaction score
Thanks for the file but it still gives me the ff.config error asking me to locate the file. I think you might be right about it being a computer/OS issue for reading the compressed PC common.ff

I can open up xbox common.ff's file though. I was wondering if there was a way to use an Xbox common.ff, copy the mod menu .gcf files to it, and then convert it to a PC common.ff? I haven't been able to get a straight tut or answer of how to do this yet from anywhere 0_0

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom