What's new

Solved Need help making my XBMC Dash my default.

• Thread starter SiK GambleR
  • Start date
  • Views 10,153
SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok well I'm reading this tutorial, and step two and on basically.. confuses me, lol. I already have XBMC on my Xbox as an APPLICATION but I don't want that, I want it my default... Can anybody help me? Here's the tutorial I read..

How to make XBMC your default dashboard:
From - XBMC WIKI INSTALL GUIDE!

Team XBMC recently developed their own Shortcut tool. It comes in 2 “flavours”:
  • OpenXDK (source and pre-compiled binary available in SVN)
  • MS XDK (only source available in SVN)
You can download the pre-compiled OpenXDK version here.
Both versions work the same way:
1. Find out what the dashboard on your Xbox is (usually evoxdash.xbe in C:smile:
2. Rename your current dashboard to an alternate bootable name. This will be used as a fallback if execution of the new shortcut fails. Consult the table below, or Xbox-Scene.com
3. Download the XBMC Shortcut XBE and rename it to whatever the dash was named (usually evoxdash.xbe)
4. Upload the renamed XBE to where the old xbe was (the old dashboard)
5. Install XBMC to somewhere on E: or F: (best to install to E:\Apps\XBMC, making sure the files go in there, so you DONT have E:\Apps\XBMC\XBMC) (Instructions on how to install XBMC can be found under Installing XBMC as an Application)
6. create a text file and put the path to the XBMC default.xbe inside it (eg. E:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe)
7. rename to whatever the dashboard was named, except use the extention ".cfg" instead of ".xbe" (eg. evoxdash.cfg)
8. Upload the renamed text file to the same place you uploaded the shortcut xbe to in step 3.
9. Reboot

Congratulations, now you are all set and don't need to alter the shortcut again, unless you change location of XBMC's default.xbe.
  • Please note that step 2 is optional. The actual fallback order is BIOS dependant. If you dont know what BIOS you are running, you're at risk. First try the xbe given by the .cfg file. Otherwise, the following filenames can be tried. But, the safest backup is to create a bootable disc with one a dashboards on it. See xbox-scene.com for details.
C:\avalaunch.xbe
C:\unleashx.xbe
C:\xbmc.xbe
C:\evoxdash.xbe
C:\xboxdash.xbe
C:\default.xbe
C:\msdash.xbe

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LGC

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
download xbmc, put it in your apps folder. a folder with the xbmc download called tools will have:

SHORTCUT by TEAM UIX.xbe 60kb

SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.cfg 1kb

SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe 64kb

rename the 64kb one to whatever your dash is booting from now. (usualy evoxdash.xbe)

When done FTP it over and replace the current evoxdash.xbe.

This shortcut will cancell out everything and look in E:Apps/XBMC

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
hmmm..
ok
I dont have evoxdash.xbe
i have xboxdash.xbe

but i named that file u told me to xboxdash.xbe and ftp'd it, i reboot, nothing. ok i no i did something horribly rong.

Top Bottom
Login
Register