Need Help making 360 look untampered with

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Bass0player, Nov 24, 2008 with 7 replies and 607 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bass0player

Bass0player Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Before I start, I know what I did was stupid and I should have sent it in right away, but I can't change that now so please help if you can.

Ok, here is my situation. I got the RROD (Error code 0020) a few days ago. I didn't know much about red-rings when I got it, so I read up on 'em. I heard about various methods and had the supplies for the Eraser Method (looking for a better fix than the Towel), so I tried it. Epic failure. I then tried unplugging the fan and making it overheat manually. Again...failure. Checked the capacitors and such to no avail.

When doing the Eraser Method I threw away what was originally on the RAM (I know it was stupid stfu please). I also cleaned my xbox when I opened it (stupid again for warranty purpouses). I have technically voided my warranty, but I have the sticker intact. Now I am stuck with a squeaky clean 360 with erasers taped to the RAM and a warranty box on the way.

Does anyone know of a way to make it look not so tampered with? I was thinking about X-acto knifing the band-aid skin onto a blob of something that would simulate what they had before. I have no idea how to make it look not-so clean. Any tips or ideas to help me out of my epic fail would be appreciated.

Also, do I need to heat my sticker before removing it from wax paper?

2. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Yes on the heating sticker part

IDK...send it in anyway. Venomous recently sent in an Elite that was doomed to never be returned with flashed firmware and missing hardware like you, and it came back fixed....

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Bass0player

Bass0player Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Do you think it would be safer to remove the erasers and just send it in without anything? (They are blue)

4. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Yeah if you can get the erasers out I would recommend it

5. CodModzZ4u

CodModzZ4u Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    As long as it looks cosmetically fine on the outside and has the dvd drive and warranty stick you'll be fine. I sent in one with some stripped screws and a totally bent heat sink. I got a new one two weeks later.

6. OP
    Bass0player

Bass0player Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Glad to hear that there has been so much success:smile:
    Guess I'm just paranoid over nothin. Thanks for you advice

7. Carson

Carson Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Just to reassure you, I've sent in a few 360's with the insides completely fu*ked up and they return you a new one no problem. They really don't check.

8. Max Is Epic

Max Is Epic Newbie

Ratings:
    i have a couple of 360's but one was "fixed" at gamestop. and then video jack stoped working could i send in that one? the warrenty sticker was cut, but its still there, and my other one, i had a bad flash, is there anyway i can send them in?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.