Need help jailbreaking

Discussion in 'Apple iOS' started by imLefty, Dec 11, 2008 with 8 replies and 438 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imLefty

imLefty Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I am a major noob at this and I really don't know what to do. I have a mac and I downloaded the pwnage thing for it and I followed the directions to jailbreak it but it didn't work. I have a 2G iPhone and 2.2firmware I think it's called. (when you plug ulyou phone into the computer and go to summary on iTunes, it says 2.2 there). So could anyone help me with this and send me a tut on a mac that would be cool.

2. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Don't know anything about Mac jailbreaking but I don't think 2.2 is jailbreakable yet

3. Mandela

Mandela Getting There

Ratings:
    I have found tons of links by searching what you said on google all with software and tuts on exactly how to do it. Why don't you try that and if you still can't get it post back.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    imLefty

imLefty Enthusiast

Ratings:
    thanks man, I think I found a good tut.
    it has easy to follow pictures and instructions, i am in the middle of a class right now so when I get home i will try it out. But if you could, please post the website you found on google, thanks again. I was using youtube and completly forgot about google. Btw, this is the site I found: [Click here to view the link]

5. Mandela

Mandela Getting There

Ratings:
    Yeah see thats the one I was talking about there were a few more results that the search yielded, but nothing really as directly to the point in the shown results as that one. Cool.

6. OP
    imLefty

imLefty Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Alright, on my way home right now. When I get home I'll try it out. Thanks againg for telling me to check google. I completly forgot about it. Thanks again and I'll tell you if it works. :biggrin:

7. gilliandboy

gilliandboy Se7en Psycho

Ratings:
    I'm on a mac and I can help you if you want. Talk to me on AIM or MSN.

8. OP
    imLefty

imLefty Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I got it, but what are some good apps I should get. Like utilities and stuff. I am still learning.

9. TH3 BOSS

TH3 BOSS Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Just for a future reference. If you look up on youtube how to do jailbreaking, there are very good movies that will show you step by step how to do things. It always is nice to look at someone doing it, than just following instructions on paper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.