• Views 2,119
bremalo

bremalo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Got the idea after reading:
https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/colored-in-game-crew-message.1204214/

I'm trying to figure out iFruit and Charles but I'm too techdumb to figure it out.

Could you use Charles to modify liscense plate text to special characters that the game detects and replaces as an Icon?

For example change plate to the letter "¦" and will it put the Rockstar Verified logo on your custom plate?

If anyone could test this out and post result it could motivate me to try and figure out this iFruit/Charles thing out better

J

JdogJH

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Got the idea after reading:
https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/colored-in-game-crew-message.1204214/

I'm trying to figure out iFruit and Charles but I'm too techdumb to figure it out.

Could you use Charles to modify liscense plate text to special characters that the game detects and replaces as an Icon?

For example change plate to the letter "¦" and will it put the Rockstar Verified logo on your custom plate?

If anyone could test this out and post result it could motivate me to try and figure out this iFruit/Charles thing out better
Good idea! I don't think iFruit will register it the same way but none the less I will give it a try in just a little bit

Atherix

Atherix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
iFruit doesn't accept any special characters of any sort.
Just the standard alphanumeric set.

PS: What do you mean by Charles? Bare with me, I'm new here and if it's common here I apologise.
PPS: Do you mean the 'Charles Web Debugging Proxy'?

bremalo

bremalo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
iFruit doesn't accept any special characters of any sort.
Just the standard alphanumeric set.

PS: What do you mean by Charles? Bare with me, I'm new here and if it's common here I apologise.
PPS: Do you mean the 'Charles Web Debugging Proxy'?

Charles is another program that from what I gathered can intercept a change request from iFruit and modify it before sending the info to rockstar, this way you can add modifications not normally available ( like maybe tinted windows on a bike or something )

Atherix

Atherix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Charles is another program that from what I gathered can intercept a change request from iFruit and modify it before sending the info to rockstar, this way you can add modifications not normally available ( like maybe tinted windows on a bike or something )
Oh so basically like fiddler then.
I do believe an "attack" like this would have been patched by now.

J

JdogJH

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Any luck?
ok well I used "¦" and for some reason the plate turned into the letters ZZX. Weird... 
Oh so basically like fiddler then.
I do believe an "attack" like this would have been patched by now.
Some things are patched, however there are still some uses. IE: painting caddy & getting yankton plates on a couple cars that still work & obtaining blank plates.

J

JdogJH

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
OK, checked iFruit and it shows up as a weird looking question mark. Never seen that before. And in LSC it's just a weird rectangular box :woot:

bremalo

bremalo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok well I used "¦" and for some reason the plate turned into the letters ZZX. Weird... 

Some things are patched, however there are still some uses. IE: painting caddy & getting yankton plates on a couple cars that still work & obtaining blank plates.

Sorry to bug you, but could you try the other letters too?

= (Rockstar Icon)
‹ = (Rockstar Created Icon)
› = (Blank White Icon)
Ω = Lock Icon

And maybe colored text?
~r~ = (red)

Husky_70

Husky_70

I love Husky's ...
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Will not work. It should end up with any symbols or a blank plate

J

JdogJH

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry to bug you, but could you try the other letters too?

= (Rockstar Icon)
‹ = (Rockstar Created Icon)
› = (Blank White Icon)
Ω = Lock Icon

And maybe colored text?
~r~ = (red)
yup, give me like 10 minutes

supr420

supr420

#1CARCLUB
Fabled Veteran Glitcher Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Doesn't work and nothing to discover with Charles. The pros already can tell u what's working and what not. Use the Charles thread in modding section.

Top Bottom
Login
Register