What's new

Solved Need help for a beginners gaming build, max budget £550

Weeb

Weeb

Leech®
Fabled Veteran Contest Sponsor Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
So my friend is getting into PC gaming and needs help finding a beginners gaming build. It will probably only be used for gaming and internet ect, no video editing or anything so no need for an i7 or anything. Don't need a monitor or an OS or keyboards or anything and it will probably only be used on 1 monitor/TV.

Thanks a lot guys

InfectHead, , irafanv irafanv , Fanboy, halopro77 halopro77 , SmashinHearts, Brian Runs This, DOMIN8

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Video Connoisseur CotM Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks, I forwarded both of these to my mate, he seems really set on getting this XFX 7870 Ghz edition, anyone know if its any good?
It's a much older card so personally I wouldn't get it.

Mysterion

Mysterion

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
It's a much older card so personally I wouldn't get it.
How is it much older? It is technically the current gen for AMD, as the new GPUs are pretty much all rebrands. It is like saying the Gigabyte 7970 and the Gigabyte R9 280 are different because the 7970 is 'older' but they are exactly the same spec wise.

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Video Connoisseur CotM Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
How is it much older? It is technically the current gen for AMD, as the new GPUs are pretty much all rebrands. It is like saying the Gigabyte 7970 and the Gigabyte R9 280 are different because the 7970 is 'older' but they are exactly the same spec wise.
In terms of cards being released it's an older card. Personally i'd buy the newer rebranded card than the older card.

Top Bottom
Login
Register