***Need help fixing E74***

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by XlOrder66x, Jan 29, 2009 with 10 replies and 1,787 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XlOrder66x

XlOrder66x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Step one: Start by taking your X-Clamps off, it may take a bit and make sure you don't scratch the motherboard (Big Green Board).

Step two: Once you get X-Clamps off begin unscrewing the heat sinks screws, then go to Home Depot or some store like that and buy bolts that have the same screw diameter. (.5 8x10 size screws/bolts).

Step three: Then screw your new bolts in the other side of the motherboard into the heat sinks (make sure you put the heat sinks in their right spot), Make sure they are tight but not too tight.

Step four: Then start by putting the board back in and plug A/V cable and power cord up, and plug your disk drive up and your power button board whatever you call it and MAKE SURE YOUR FAN IS UNPLUGGED OR ITS POINTLESS TO DO THIS.

Step five: Then once you turn it on it should have one red light (thats good) then leave it on till there are two red lights, once that happens let it cool and it should work like a charm

(If you need any other help or questions please pm me and i would be glad to help)

-Thanks

2. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
  3. OP
    XlOrder66x

XlOrder66x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    This should fix it for about 1/2 year to a year but permanently fixing it? You probably cant do that but this is the closest thing i have seen to permanently fixed unless you send it to Microsoft yourself idk....

4. dschu012

dschu012 Member

Ratings:
  5. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    This doesnt fix E74, mainly because the problem isnt the GPU or CPU seperating from the mobo, its the HANA (scaler) chip being loose.

6. OP
    XlOrder66x

XlOrder66x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Look I know what I'm talking about people send me there 360's that have It, and I fix them I know what the problem is so....and Haxalot88 to answer your question it's the same way just get small washers and put them under the bolts on the opposite side of the heat sinks I fixed one RRoD this way I usually don't fix them but this should work if not then I'm sure someone else will help you. -Thanks

7. Scar

Scar Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I guarantee ive fixed 10 times as many 360s as you and forrrest is right.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    XlOrder66x

XlOrder66x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ok then I guess that they magicly work after, for the E74 error this is the way to fix it, first of all he shouldn't have post here anyway this isn't for RRoD it's for E74 ERROR PROBLEM

9. Scar

Scar Retired Retired

Ratings:
    E74 is 95% of the time a HANA or scaler chip problem, NOT the GPU as you said... so your tut may work once but only if your lucky.

10. OP
    XlOrder66x

XlOrder66x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yea it has worked every time for me.

11. Scar

Scar Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Ok then lucky you.

This is exactly the same method as my tut and mine has pictures. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.